Elemis and The Eve Appeal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Here at Salon Geek HQ we were a little shocked to find out the real statistics surrounding ovarian and gynaecological cancers. The simple fact is that each year 7,000 women are diagnose with ovarian cancer and 70% of those women sadly lose their life to the disease. With more funding and earlier diagnosis, 90% of those women could be saved. The figures speak for themselves.

Let’s face it – it’s not a topic that we are gagging to talk about. Even with our closest friends our gynaecological gossip is not the first-choice topic of conversation over a glass of chardonnay but the simple fact is that we need to talk about this more. Ten years ago we went through the same barriers in relation to breast cancer – one of the biggest cancer threats at the time. Now, largely because of raised awareness, a shedding of stigma and a lot of funding, breast cancer is one of the most curable cancers.

With this in mind, we were pretty chuffed to see Elemis link up with The Eve Appeal to help raise awareness of ovarian cancer in March. Elemis have created a limited edition Perfect Hands Anti-Ageing Treatment Collection (pictured) from which £8,000 from sales will be donated to The Eve Appeal. Containing four nourishing and protecting Elemis hero products, there has never been a better reason to treat yourself.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

The Eve Appeal aims to save women’s lives by funding world class research focused on developing effective methods of early diagnosis, risk prediction, prevention and treatment of all five gynaecological cancers.

Attachments

• ELEMIS FEB PROMO IMAGE FINAL LO-RES.jpg
    ELEMIS FEB PROMO IMAGE FINAL LO-RES.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 628
This is close to my heart due to a recent scare but it shouldn't take that for us to be more aware. The figures speak for themselves as mentioned above, it's great to see this partnership and I for one am really looking forward to hearing more about it xxx

Very close to my heart too x

My friend Lesley died aged 31 after fighting this disease for 5.1/2 years she was and is an inspiration to me and the real reason I retrained as a therapist.

Sadly she was misdiagnosed for a long time, who knows if they had done a scan we may still have had her and this world would be a much nicer place with her in it x

Latest posts

Back