Missing toenail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
Hi all. How would you create a nail when someone had their big toe nail removed and it's never grown back? I use NSI Attraction L&P and a client commented that she would love a Shellac pedicure but she didn't have a big toe nail. She asked once in a salon and they said that there were no options available for her but I was positive something could be done!? Can you sculpt a nail? Is it exactly the same as if there was a nail plate present? Do you PEP then sculpt? How long do these adhere to the skin for?

Hi - I've got a client with a missing toenail. We just cut & shape a false nail tip & stick it down with nail glue.. Then shellac as normal. Customer takes a spare nail glue in case it comes off between aptmts. Easy x:)

I have a client who has a very small toe nail, so I make a new nail for her from L&P then shellac on top as normal and it usually lasts about 4 weeks, but if your client has no nail at all then the L&P wouldn't last as it doesn't stick to skin. If they were going on holiday or had a wedding and wanted it for a special occassion, I would make the nail with L&P then give them a tub of nail glue and they would have to just keep sticking it on with the glue. hth x

I was taught to do it with l&p. Apply solar oil or similar to the nail bed then create the nail. When set peel off the bed. This should happen easily because of the oil. Then the client can stick on with nail glue. You can make a few and they can be painted different colours etc. Hth xx

L&P does stick to skin. I do this quite often. Yes it will come off eventually, but can last up to 4 weeks. Retail a nail glue so she can stick it back on when it comes off.

xx

What brand of nail glue would be best to retail? I also have a client but she has no thumb nails.

LCN Wilde Pedique every time. Its made just for these situations. I use it on my own big toe nails all the time. Also used it on a client had damaged toe nails and it works perfectly.

Thank you all so much for all of your help!!! All the info has been really helpful! Much appreciated! X

LCN Wilde Pedique every time. Its made just for these situations. I use it on my own big toe nails all the time. Also used it on a client had damaged toe nails and it works perfectly.

Hi, what is this? I have a client with a missing finger nail, is it appropriate for her as well?

Hi,
I have to sculpt both of my big toe nails on. I lost them both after they became ingrown due to having practised ballet for most of my life. There's only so much trauma a toenail can take and believe me, standing on your toes in pointe shoes pushes them to the limit!
I have about 3mm of root that peeps out so I affix it to this, it's a breath taking shock when I knock one off though and I now wince at the thought of open toed shoes in crowded places. They look real though and I just sculpt in pink powder as I always keep them painted. In the past when it has just been bare nail bed I've glued on those false toe nails that you get from Boots etc and they've lasted equally as long, usually around 4-5 weeks.
Hope this helps
x

This sounds great - where can I buy it from?
thanks

Anne...thanks very much, I've just had a look at LCN Wilde-Pedique, perfect!!!

Thanks very much I to have a client though she said years ago it was applied to skin which personally I didn't think would adhere to skin. Helpful thread and interesting thanks X

Further to all your help regarding sculpting missing toenails, how much would you charge to sculpt the nail with L&P and include a small regular nail adhesive?

I only do gel at the moment, is it possible with gel?

Does using nail glue over time cause over exposure problems on clients skin?

depends if there is something left of the real toenail

toe01.jpg

toe02.jpg

these were done with popits

Latest posts

Back