Make-Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar & Spice

Reaction score
I currently use the Jane Iredale range in the salon and I have got some stock to retail but it seems to just sit on my shelves collecting dust !!!

The feed back I got from a lots of customers is that the product is great but they can't afford it and they prefer Bare Minerals.

I am at a loss I personally love Jane Iredale and try to educate people into getting it but even when their make-up artist comes in and she does 1-2-1 people still don't seem keen to buy it I think they go home and search for it off the internet cheaper! I do say I will match internet prices but still no luck.

I have got a new Therapist start and she is really keen on Bare minerals and thinks I should invest in getting that in at the salon as it is a brand every one knows and people here have to travel about 15 miles from here to get it !!!

What do you guys think? continue to use JI or make the bold move to Bare Minerals

I had a client with really bad skin. Redness, tingling, itching and breakouts. I also retail Jane Iredale and Environ skincare alongside it, and was at a loss. She started on Environ which eased it slightly, but no real results. She knew it wasn't her make up, because she used Bare Minerals. It was only after a passing comment from my IIAA rep, that I discovered that BM contain a product called Bismuth which causes itching and tingling on the skin. It was removed from JI products many years ago, but continues to be in BM. For this reason, I would not change.

You are using a fantastic brand of make up, but you're not selling it. What is your client base? We retail JI by the bucket load, but we offer free mini make overs to the world and his mother. We ask them to wear it all day, and see how it feels. However, up until fairly recently we would only order it in when we sold it. We are now retailing a lot more, so carry some stock, but used to order it in for our clients.

I'm afraid I don't think BM is comparable to JI, but you have to decide whats right for you, but I can honestly say that if they won't pay for JI and try and get it cheaper on the net, they are sure to do the same with BM!

Have a look at your retail techniques, and maybe look at further training. I find it easy to get my clients to ditch BM and move over to JI - I tell them that JI doesn't contain a really nasty mineral called bismuth and I also show them the JI pure pressed which they like as BM is loose and goes everywhere!!!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back