Reds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue orchid

Reaction score
I need help!
I'm fed up with being disappointed with the vibrancy of my reds!......I usually use wella but never feel like they are vibrant enough!
I have a client, the base of a 6 that is already fairly red but wants something more intense. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I could use that would satisfy her?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 121
I use affinage Bred highlift reds. You can foil them in on their own or mix 1/4 of your ratio in with their permanent range of reds to increase brightness and so you can use on scalp. I do this with 9% on my really dark clients roots then use a semi on faded orange midlengths and ends and it goes super bright. I also always use a semi red over the top, you can try the semi on your client over her existing formula first to see if it helps? Wella has magma as their high lift red but ive never used it so cant advise.

Not sure what colour house you use. Or how light or dark she wants the Red to be

Have a look at the Matrix so colour RR or the RV ranges, you can also add a Red booster..

If you mix 7rr with a touch of 6rv and an inch of red booster you will achieve something like a sharon osbourne red..

But if she wants a real.. HELLOOOOO type of red, matrix So Reds and be applied straight onto any base with no bleaching....downside they don't grip past 5/6 washes as they just sit on the hair and not penetrant

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also, look at retailing a semi to your client for between appointments.

Thankyou guys!!

I need help!
I'm fed up with being disappointed with the vibrancy of my reds!......I usually use wella but never feel like they are vibrant enough!
I have a client, the base of a 6 that is already fairly red but wants something more intense. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I could use that would satisfy her?!

Hiya, We recently did this. A little impartial! as I work for IT&LY to be honest to you all. but it's a similar look to the picture you've posted.

Here is short link to it. step by step using two of our red toners.

Worth a look How to do red ombre hair

Latest posts

Back