My own root stretch/ombré advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
As the title says my own hair. Lol!
I'm self employed home salon and have been all over colour Koleston perfect 12.1 over a base 6 for a good number of years. I've a lot of gold in my hair so it turns out looking like a 10.
I'm now fed up of this and want a wee change. I was thinking of 6.3 or 7.3 and 10v on the roots then combed through straight away for a couple of inches then spraying with water and coming through some more for the last 15 mins.
I don't want to tone the blonde down on the ends I still want to keep them really light!
Do you think this will be ok?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411432613.151975.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411432628.628999.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411432649.610481.jpg

Anyone? 😄😄

I'm self employed home salon and have been all over colour Koleston perfect 12.1 over a base 6 for a good number of years. I've a lot of gold in my hair so it turns out looking like a 10.
I'm now fed up of this and want a wee change. I was thinking of 6.3 or 7.3 and 10v on the roots then combed through straight away for a couple of inches then spraying with water and coming through some more for the last 15 mins.
I don't want to tone the blonde down on the ends I still want to keep them really light!

12 is not a depth. The 12 line is a tone but the colours have a lot more pigments in that they appear brighter on the chart but they're not in reality.

Hi, do you have any natural regrowth? 6.3 and 7.3 is going to be very warm especially ontop of an already gold blonde. Could you possible do a strand test and check a few options. Also, definately use colour touch & 1.9% and not kp as permanent will wash out in a few washes. Hope that helps hun x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

12 is not a depth. The 12 line is a tone but the colours have a lot more pigments in that they appear brighter on the chart but they're not in reality.

Not technically true, the 12 line isn't a tone, the name just signifies that it's a highlift colour. Most colour books say that the swatches on the charts don't show the end result.

Not technically true, the 12 line isn't a tone, the name just signifies that it's a highlift colour. Most colour books say that the swatches on the charts don't show the end result.

Sorry I meant to say 10 not tone stupid auto correct! Thanks for picking that out though feel a right idiot now. But anyway what I was trying to get at was the result will be a 10 anyway because 12 isn't a depth. Unless you're working on a natural depth 5 or lower.

Last edited:
The reason I want to add a bit of gold is that the first part if blonde is slightly warmer and the rest is ashy only a very slight difference but I'm worried that if I do t use gold it will be khaki or ashy colour.
My regrowth is about an inch 7.0.

I may try colour touch, I just assumed that as it's a semi it would last even less that the kp.
After looking at my chart again today I thought 7.00 on roots, 7.3 down to midlengths.
Going to attempt it at some point tomorrow...maybe 😳

Also, forgot to say using wella KP as have the odd grey creeping in, never noticed them before as dark roots were banished every 3-4 weeks.
Not sure that colour touch would cover them enough for me.

Sorry I meant to say 10 not tone stupid auto correct! Thanks for picking that out though feel a right idiot now. But anyway what I was trying to get at was the result will be a 10 anyway because 12 isn't a depth. Unless you're working on a natural depth 5 or lower.

Don't feel an idiot honey, autocorrect ruins everyones life every now and again! ☺

Donyou need the grey coverage if its only a few?? I find the grey coverage sit darker... id use the gold too :)

Don't feel an idiot honey, autocorrect ruins everyones life every now and again! ☺

Should probably turn it off but then it won't correct words I actually can't spell 😂

Latest posts

Back