Pretty images for Facebook, where from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi all where do you get your images from for use on fb, website etc. I mean pretty feet in flowers type thing to promote pedicures etc. I have images from sweet squared etc (although they don't work on fb always say image to big)?? But I mean just the general beauty type ones. Thanks ��

thank you I will have a look. How do I resize? I am sooooooo useless with computers!!! x

just looked at that link that's exactly what I meant thank you.
couldn't quite work out the pricing though. if I did, for example the buy 20 credits, do I download and save them images and they are then mine to use when ever I like or can I just use it the once? thanks x

just looked at that link that's exactly what I meant thank you.
couldn't quite work out the pricing though. if I did, for example the buy 20 credits, do I download and save them images and they are then mine to use when ever I like or can I just use it the once? thanks x

The images are yours to use as many times as you want. After paying for them (using credits) you can use them on whatever you want, as many times as you want.

I use pixabay.com which are free to use. I also contribute my own photos to it occasionally. Another one is bing.com as long as you choose the images that are Free to use. Alternatively, I use a lot of my own photos for my facebook page.

Why would you use other pictures to advertise pedicures? Why not use your own work, surely that's what potential clients are interested in? :)

I take my own. I have a DSLR and I know how to use photoshop (I have a degree in photography, but you can watch basic guides on youtube).

Use your work, add flowers or candles etc before taking the picture.

Takes a few attempts but you can get some awesome personalised shots.

X

Hi all where do you get your images from for use on fb, website etc. I mean pretty feet in flowers type thing to promote pedicures etc. I have images from sweet squared etc (although they don't work on fb always say image to big)?? But I mean just the general beauty type ones. Thanks ��
I buy all the images I use from Dreamtime

Thanks all will have a look at all those. I think you need a good pair of feet for nice photos like the images you can buy and I'm not sure the feet I know are up to the job! Lol x

I got mine from 123rf they have a really good selection and the site was really easy to use :)

Just make sure you never use any Getty Images, as they constantly search for anyone using their images online and sue everyone that has copied or downloaded them without authority.

The images are yours to use as many times as you want. After paying for them (using credits) you can use them on whatever you want, as many times as you want.

I'm afraid that's actually a bit of a misconception. Some images and some image stock sites have restrictions on what you can do with the photo/image you've purchased, how many times you can use it, if you can store it or not, and on what media you're allowed to use it on.

I'm a member of many design forums, and a common occurrence is people being sued for using images incorrectly. I know it sounds like overkill but I'd suggest you give the T+C's a glance before you purchase an image.

Just whatever you do- don't be tempted to just use Google images and take images from there. Every single one of them will be copyright protected.

I generally tell people to use only use images that

1. You've taken yourself
2. You've purchase and read the T+C's
3. A supplier has given to you and you have a written/email confirmation that you can use them for the project you intend to use them on.

It's a bit if a minefield to be honest, but as Izzydoll says above, search for "the getty letter" for the reason you have to be VERY careful.

I'm afraid that's actually a bit of a misconception. Some images and some image stock sites have restrictions on what you can do with the photo/image you've purchased, how many times you can use it, if you can store it or not, and on what media you're allowed to use it on.

I'm a member of many design forums, and a common occurrence is people being sued for using images incorrectly. I know it sounds like overkill but I'd suggest you give the T+C's a glance before you purchase an image.

Just whatever you do- don't be tempted to just use Google images and take images from there. Every single one of them will be copyright protected.

I generally tell people to use only use images that

1. You've taken yourself
2. You've purchase and read the T+C's
3. A supplier has given to you and you have a written/email confirmation that you can use them for the project you intend to use them on.

It's a bit if a minefield to be honest, but as Izzydoll says above, search for "the getty letter" for the reason you have to be VERY careful.

I was just trying to keep it simple for the OP. I'm very well aware of restrictions, licensing etc as my boyfriend is a graphic artist.

Latest posts

Back