Salon Geek
                 

The Skin Geek Skin professionals discussing all aspects of the beauty industry.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#1) Old
Real geeky
dixie99 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 301
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire
Shrinking Violet body wrap - 19-05-12, 09:29 AM

Hi Geeks

Wondered if any of you offer this?
If so are there any side effects and more importantly is it any good?

Xx
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
Freaky geeky
 
taggyboy's Avatar
taggyboy is having an old friend for dinnertaggyboy is having an old friend for dinnertaggyboy is having an old friend for dinnertaggyboy is having an old friend for dinnertaggyboy is having an old friend for dinnertaggyboy is having an old friend for dinner
Posts: 1,266
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England
Heard good reports - 19-05-12, 11:57 AM

Hi

I cannot advise on the side effects but there was a thread started about another body wrap and Shrinking Violet was mentioned.

We are currently testing this in our salon, If it is as good as their Faith Lift products then we will be on board.

Why not give Jane @ www.enhancedirect.co.uk for more information.

Priadara java body wraps
Moosebat hearts this.
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
Real geeky
dixie99 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 301
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire
19-05-12, 02:14 PM

So does it not have side effects z
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
Moderate geek
 
suzev's Avatar
suzevs head weighs 8lbs
Posts: 84
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bedfordshire
19-05-12, 09:39 PM

I cant comment on shrinking violet but my clients are getting great results with It Works body wraps. These are a natural and botanical based product from the states.I was pretty cynical at first until I tried it. Lost 4 inches after 1 and now have lost 17 inches! Clients are loving it, so am I as they are all commiting to an inch loss programme. Pm me for more info
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
Master Geek
 
tigi's Avatar
tigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whaletigi wishes s/he could speak whale
Posts: 1,853
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: north wales
20-05-12, 10:01 AM

finding it absoultely fantastic. my ladies are loving sv and the results are great and are staying off. a great wrap.

tigi
xx
Moosebat hearts this.
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
Massively geeky
 
Moosebat's Avatar
Moosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead people
Posts: 688
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: uk
20-05-12, 01:53 PM

Slight increase in urination for 2-3 days

Shrinking Violet Body Wrap works by Lipolysis. The fat is removed from the areas you want without effort or discomfort. The amount of fat reduction varies depending on your build, but many people may reduce by at least one whole size after the first treatment. Unwanted fat in difficult areas such as the stomach, bottom, thighs, hips and upper arms, are a big problem. Lipolysis offers pain-free slimming and breaks down inside the actual fat cells where triglycerides are changed to free fatty acid so that they can be excreted in tissue fluid and further transported to the lymph vessels.

The active ingredient is Phosphatidylcholine
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
Grand Geek
 
GlamourEyes11's Avatar
GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.
Posts: 4,169
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
20-05-12, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosebat View Post
Slight increase in urination for 2-3 days

Shrinking Violet Body Wrap works by Lipolysis. The fat is removed from the areas you want without effort or discomfort. The amount of fat reduction varies depending on your build, but many people may reduce by at least one whole size after the first treatment. Unwanted fat in difficult areas such as the stomach, bottom, thighs, hips and upper arms, are a big problem. Lipolysis offers pain-free slimming and breaks down inside the actual fat cells where triglycerides are changed to free fatty acid so that they can be excreted in tissue fluid and further transported to the lymph vessels.

The active ingredient is Phosphatidylcholine

Do you feel the inches stay off? I.e. a good kick start to a healthy diet?
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
Massively geeky
 
Moosebat's Avatar
Moosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead people
Posts: 688
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: uk
20-05-12, 02:11 PM

Shrinking Violet is an excellent jump start. For the fat to come back, new cells have to form that would happen if a person continued to eat excess calories. Combine the Shrinking Violet with exercise and healthy eating for optimum results.
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
Grand Geek
 
GlamourEyes11's Avatar
GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.
Posts: 4,169
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
20-05-12, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosebat View Post
Shrinking Violet is an excellent jump start. For the fat to come back, new cells have to form that would happen if a person continued to eat excess calories. Combine the Shrinking Violet with exercise and healthy eating for optimum results.
Is this something I could do on myself (even though I've not been trained in body wraps)? Of course I would never dream of carrying it out on clients or anyone else for that matter. Just nowhere in my area offers this
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Massively geeky
 
Moosebat's Avatar
Moosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead people
Posts: 688
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: uk
20-05-12, 02:35 PM

As a therapist you could but bear in mind Tigi's comments on another thread ie that it is quite hard to wrap yourself and a technique to get best results. We would not want you to be disappointed in results just through lack of procedure/knowledge xx.

To offer to clients a therapist would need to check with their insurance company if they are covered for this kind of treatment.

As the formula is very strong it is not made for home use even though we do a range of follow-on products for the client to continue the effect between treatments but it is not as strong. HTH
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
Grand Geek
 
GlamourEyes11's Avatar
GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.GlamourEyes11 has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.
Posts: 4,169
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
20-05-12, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosebat View Post
As a therapist you could but bear in mind Tigi's comments on another thread ie that it is quite hard to wrap yourself and a technique to get best results. We would not want you to be disappointed in results just through lack of procedure/knowledge xx.

To offer to clients a therapist would need to check with their insurance company if they are covered for this kind of treatment.

As the formula is very strong it is not made for home use even though we do a range of follow-on products for the client to continue the effect between treatments but it is not as strong. HTH
Thanks Moosebat, tbh I would not want to carry it out on anyone else other than myself without adequate training anyway as I would want them to achieve 100% results Whereas on myself, I would understand if I did not achieve 100% due to technique and knowledge! Thank you xxx
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
Massively geeky
 
Moosebat's Avatar
Moosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead people
Posts: 688
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: uk
20-05-12, 02:39 PM

You are very welcome x
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
Real geeky
dixie99 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 301
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire
20-05-12, 06:56 PM

So how does it rid of fat cells?

I just don't want to end up with the number twos for days! X
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Massively geeky
 
Moosebat's Avatar
Moosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead peopleMoosebat sees dead people
Posts: 688
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: uk
20-05-12, 07:51 PM

" breaks down inside the actual fat cells where triglycerides are changed to free fatty acid so that they can be excreted in tissue fluid and further transported to the lymph vessels."

Are you maybe thinking of the fat blocking tablets ??

Last edited by Moosebat; 20-05-12 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
Real geeky
dixie99 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 301
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire
20-05-12, 07:54 PM

Ok so I shouldn't have any trouble ? X
Melk hearts this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





© 1997-2014 Sweet Squared LLP