Salon Geek
                 

The Skin Geek Skin professionals discussing all aspects of the beauty industry.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#1) Old
Angel Geek
 
*sarah*'s Avatar
*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people
Posts: 1,903
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland, UK
How to get spray tan off quickly? - 10-06-09, 08:14 PM

Hi guys, I have been busy buying oil free products to keep my tan in good condition, but was wondering if using oily products such as baby oil or dove cream body wash would be a good idea to get the remanants of tan off? As I know having old tan on will stop the new tan adhering properly, I always scrub with exfoliating gloves the day before and the day of my tan (and use xen tan body scrub to exfoliate off the tan evenly while using the transform to top it uo so I only need a spray tan every 2 weeks)
any advice would be great
Thanks xx
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
the only way is up...baby
 
collin's Avatar
collin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
Posts: 5,315
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in a wonderful place inside my own head
10-06-09, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
Hi guys, I have been busy buying oil free products to keep my tan in good condition, but was wondering if using oily products such as baby oil or dove cream body wash would be a good idea to get the remanants of tan off? As I know having old tan on will stop the new tan adhering properly, I always scrub with exfoliating gloves the day before and the day of my tan (and use xen tan body scrub to exfoliate off the tan evenly while using the transform to top it uo so I only need a spray tan every 2 weeks)
any advice would be great
Thanks xx
A good way to remove any unwanted tan is to cover the area (or whole body if needed) with oil..baby oil is fine.
Leave for an hr..pop on a bath robe....run a really hot bath and soak for an hr then remove with an exfoliating mitten.
Nice relaxing me time and will remove the unwanted tan
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
Angel Geek
 
*sarah*'s Avatar
*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people
Posts: 1,903
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland, UK
10-06-09, 09:49 PM

Thanks colin I was thinking of doing the baby oil n exfoliating gloves but wanted to ask 1st lol is it ok to do this the day of getting tan done as long as I have washed all oil off with body wash? just asking as getting my tan done 2mrw and don't have any oil in the house just now apart from tanning stuff lol xx
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
Newbie geek
frankiliouss head weighs 8lbs
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: newtownabby
get it off.... - 10-06-09, 09:57 PM

i have been doin spary tans 4 a while now & i find baby oil worls best 4 me (i tell all my clients the same) while im in the shower i pour the oil all ovrt myself, then i rub the tan off with an old towel, does the trick ever time.
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
Very geeky
 
SunSpray's Avatar
SunSpray likes your GuatamalanessSunSpray likes your GuatamalanessSunSpray likes your Guatamalaness
Posts: 522
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bucks
11-06-09, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
Thanks colin I was thinking of doing the baby oil n exfoliating gloves but wanted to ask 1st lol is it ok to do this the day of getting tan done as long as I have washed all oil off with body wash? just asking as getting my tan done 2mrw and don't have any oil in the house just now apart from tanning stuff lol xx
I too have done this and it can be very effective, and have recommended it to my clients. However, not sure what Collin will say but I would not recommend you put any oil on your body on the day of your next spray tan, just in case any oily residue is left behind xx
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
the only way is up...baby
 
collin's Avatar
collin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
Posts: 5,315
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in a wonderful place inside my own head
11-06-09, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSpray View Post
I too have done this and it can be very effective, and have recommended it to my clients. However, not sure what Collin will say but I would not recommend you put any oil on your body on the day of your next spray tan, just in case any oily residue is left behind xx
I would completely agree as its easy to miss some areas and not remove the oil which will undoubtably cause you problems with the fresh tan application and outcome
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
Massively geeky
 
Bombalurina's Avatar
Bombalurina is a lumberjack and he's okay!Bombalurina is a lumberjack and he's okay!
Posts: 743
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sussex, UK
11-06-09, 04:27 PM

Perhaps I'm being really blonde, but I always thought oil would nourish the skin, and therefore prolong the length of the tan...! I always recommend that my client moisturises well between tans, but I never mention oil at all... Can anyone help me out with the science of this? Why does it take the tan off so well? I'm intrigued!!! And I will definitely be trying it myself after the weekend, I always have a nightmare trying to get my tan off!!!
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
Real geeky
 
carlabarbie's Avatar
carlabarbie is not bad. They're just drawn that way
Posts: 383
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
11-06-09, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Perhaps I'm being really blonde, but I always thought oil would nourish the skin, and therefore prolong the length of the tan...! I always recommend that my client moisturises well between tans, but I never mention oil at all... Can anyone help me out with the science of this? Why does it take the tan off so well? I'm intrigued!!! And I will definitely be trying it myself after the weekend, I always have a nightmare trying to get my tan off!!!
I too thought oil would help prolong the tan!!! (I am not a spray tanner btw, I just have them regularly)

So what high street type moisturisers would people recommend? I always use Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter, but would this have oil in it?

What about shower gel? Oooh!
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
Moderate geek
 
sians's Avatar
sianss head weighs 8lbs
Posts: 76
Join Date: May 2008
Location: cardiff( s wales)
oil - 13-06-09, 11:50 AM

I find the oil dosent help strip my tan at all.. just makes my skin silky and keep tan lasting longer. Im finding swimming the best reslut for getting tan off.. I usuall have the hottest bath use flannel and scrub hard.lol wen i get out bath find the tan does come off alot with dry towel in bitty skin bits oviously not my skin but brown and the tan.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother having tans because they so hard work to get off!
There has gota be a solution invented where it strips it completly.
Alana
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Moderate geek
 
jackie b's Avatar
jackie b is wearing their underpants on the outside
Posts: 92
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Caterham, Surrey
13-06-09, 08:18 PM

I agree, i hate it when my spray tan starts to break up and resembles snake skin, very attractive. Would have liked to have worn a dress or skirt today but have been unable to get 10 day old tan off backs off legs and wont have another spray tan until completely clear.
Sometimes i think that they're harder work than good old fashioned cream fake tan!.
Jackie B
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
Geeklin
 
Nail Love's Avatar
Nail Loves head weighs 8lbs
Posts: 63
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gwynedd
13-06-09, 09:47 PM

Im not a beautician, but funnily enough, whilst reading an old magazine, whilst sat in Doc's surgery yesterday, I read potato skins immediately removed fake tan!!!! Then whil;st at home last night, a friend came round and asked if i had any potatoes cos she needed to remove fake tan!!! how bizarre is that? never heard of it before then twice in one day Dunno if this helps, but let me know )
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
Angel Geek
 
*sarah*'s Avatar
*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people
Posts: 1,903
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland, UK
15-06-09, 01:48 AM

well tried it did the trick and also helped get the tan off my feet after my tan as my friend had mucked up a heel on me was awful looking but the oil got it off xx
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
the only way is up...baby
 
collin's Avatar
collin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketcollin says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
Posts: 5,315
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in a wonderful place inside my own head
15-06-09, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
well tried it did the trick and also helped get the tan off my feet after my tan as my friend had mucked up a heel on me was awful looking but the oil got it off xx
Yey well done..so all ready now for the next spray tan...just make sure you remove all excess oil from the skin
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Angel Geek
 
*sarah*'s Avatar
*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people*sarah* sees dead people
Posts: 1,903
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland, UK
15-06-09, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin View Post
Yey well done..so all ready now for the next spray tan...just make sure you remove all excess oil from the skin
Had it on thursday, looked perfect for 2 days then I got the cracked skin effect on my legs again I have no idea what is causing this, what should i be using in the way of body washes and moisturisers, oil free moisturiser is not moisturising enough and bought some kids body wash from tesco the only one I could find that did'nt have sls etc but may contain oil dunno! have been looking on internet for products but cant find any xx
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
Uber geek
 
Violet Star's Avatar
Violet Star has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Violet Star has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Violet Star has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Violet Star has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Violet Star has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!
Posts: 1,321
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Essex
15-06-09, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
Had it on thursday, looked perfect for 2 days then I got the cracked skin effect on my legs again I have no idea what is causing this, what should i be using in the way of body washes and moisturisers, oil free moisturiser is not moisturising enough and bought some kids body wash from tesco the only one I could find that did'nt have sls etc but may contain oil dunno! have been looking on internet for products but cant find any xx
Mine ocassionaly goes like this and mostly when were having really hot weather i think the sweat in our pores causes the tan to break down and give the snake skin look. I hate it but i do find it doesnt do this when the weather isnt hot
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





© 1997-2014 Sweet Squared LLP