£ note money trick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am sure most of you are aware of the £20 note trick (can be done with £5, £10, £20, £50 notes)

We have had it tried twice in the past two weeks and again today, but the lady on reception fell for it (thankfully it was only £5)

So if you retail things like drinks/creams-other small cost items be wary if a passer by calls in to buy such product (odd in its self)

They get you first of all, flustered by taking asking questions-opening times, price of this or that...

You give them change, then they ask you "Oh could you change this for *insert what ever amount* and this for *what ever amount*" & so on.

You end up giving them the product AND the original amount they gave you.

Annoying! Xx

Last edited:
I must be having a 'blonde' day - I don't get it lol :eek::eek::eek:

I don't know exactly how the trick works, but they con you in to giving them their money back...

Let's say they buy something for £3 with a £20 note-in the end they get the product their change and the £20 note back. (You end up £20 down)

Its a lot of talking and confusing you when you are dealing with change.

Its not usually something a customer ie having their nails does, just random people call in and try their luck. And with xmas coming up I can only imagine it will get worse.

I'm going to have a look on youtube as it was on TV bbc3 hustlers programme how it is done so we can keep our eyes peeled! Xx

Last edited:
We've had it happen at my non industry job (chippy) when the queue is out the door and everyone's running round like a headless chicken! Wasnt me tho, I don't fall for it but I know it's easily done. Some people are so evil! Xx

This went on in a salon I worked in about 10yrs ago, they wait until the busiest time of day & try to catch you out.....its awful!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

join the que i have bimbo moments all the time, i almost this happen to me in the end i said HOLD ON, stop asking me all these bloody questions, one at a time! (they love to interupt themselves!) In the end they sussed out that i wasnt gona have my receptionist money down! Nice little digs of manners always helps! So does a calculator! hehe! xoxo

Ooh what sneaky people. Think I would simply say, sorry cant give you any change we need as many coins as possible when we are busy.

They are cheeky people, and the sad part is... They make it into a profession, the notes they originally gave you were probably scammed.
Iv seen it done and had to tip off a member of staff to step in at the till. They didn't get away with anything luckily xoxo

It really annoys me! Fake notes can be just as frustrating though, you don't realise you have it until it's in the till when you're busy.
I once got told I had a fake pound when trying to pay in Tesco! I can understand checking for fake notes, but the amount of fake pound coins in this country?! Something I must be more vigilant about in future.

It's terrible, You can tell its Christmas again, all these silly scams come out around this time of year xx

Latest posts

Back