£20 or £25 for a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I'm working on my prices and cant make up my mind wheter to charge £20 for a full body fake bake tan or £25.

I am the only spray tanner on my island

There is a salon that is a 30 minute ferry journey then 30minute drive from me and they charge £40 for a full body St Tropez Lotion tan and £25 for a spray.

I do have the fake bake preparation kits which i was going to give away for everyones 1st tan so was thinking £25 and preperation kit included.

I done 3 practice tans and gave away the preparetion kit and i think it definately helped the tan as their elbows, knees and any dry areas had been well exfoliated so it was perfect on these areas.

Well, it depends.
As you are the only spray tanner on your island then it would seem that you could easily charge £25, but then again you do not want people to think that you are only charging this as you know your clientele have no other options!
In saying that, if you are giving away the kit you could easily charge £25.

I think the best thing to do is start at £25 and if you dont get many takers, or they start but fizzle out, you can then drop to £20, as its better to drop your price slightly then to put it up!!!

hth
x

Why dont you do first tans 25.00 with kit included

and then charge 20.00 for that client there after i think thats very reasonable and your at a big advatange that you are the only spray tanner around :hug:

hi

thanks for your advice.

what about advertising as £20 introductory offer normal price £25

hi

thanks for your advice.

The problem with this is that people don't re-book once the price goes up.

Are you mobile or salon based?

I'm the only spray tanner in my region, there is a salon doing manual application but thats it.

I charge £20 for salon based, £25 mobile for an individual, or £20 per person again if there is more than one person. People have no problem paying my prices as the tan is good, and word of mouth gets me a lot of business.

I occasionally give away a voucher for £5 off a repeat tan within 2 weeks as a promotion....that often works well too, to get people to re-book.

hi

thanks for your advice.

Yeh I think you should do this! I have just put my prices up to £25 and have lowered it to £20 for first timers. It's going well even though there is a lot of competition where I am.
Try it and if it doesnt work change it hun :hug: xxx

Definatly charge £25!!
You have so many things in your favour, and even the nearest salon to you that does it (which is miles away) charges £25 so its the average price where you live and what your clients will probably expect your price to be!

Maybe in quieter months you could do a special offer of £20!

I would start as you mean to go on and charge £25 from the off!!

Goodluck

Emma x:hug:x

Hi

I'm working from home but hoping to do mobile and tan parties in the future.

I'd go for the higher price as then you can do offers in the future - X off in May - for example.

I charge £25 for a full body & nobody complains.xx

we also charge £25, do a loyalty scheme and other offers. we use St tropez so as long as youre using really good products then you can charge £25. If, however, youre using cheapo tans, don't even think about it!

we also charge £25, do a loyalty scheme and other offers. we use St tropez so as long as youre using really good products then you can charge £25. If, however, youre using cheapo tans, don't even think about it!

Hmmm, yes and no. :hug:

I totally get what you mean, and kind of agree, but I use a pretty competitive price solution (one I've specifically chosen for its good albeit results, not price) and yet have them flocking to me at £20-25 still, as I know how to apply it and the result is good. My nearest competion (still 15 miles away use St Tropez and frequently turn out stripy tigers....cos they don't know how to apply it.

So in that instance its to do with skill not product....people do pay more to come to me, I've put several tans 'right' from there lately....in fact last I heard was they were considering stopping spray tanning as "no one has them nowadays" whereas I still do several per week!

But in general, do know what you mean....just think there's a tiny bit more than that to it.

Latest posts

Back