£260 per week for a beauty room and nail station in Edgware - is this right?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya, have just come back from the hair salon I was going to rent a room and nail desk in North London. The owner is asking me for £260/week for the room and desk. Are there any geeks in London can tell me if this is the going rate please? Thank you.

Hi,

To be honest, I find it too expensive. Even though a beauty room and a nail desk is available to you, I think it's too much.
I went to see a room in Stanmore for £200 per week and thought that it's too much.

Hiya, have just come back from the hair salon I was going to rent a room and nail desk in North London. The owner is asking me for £260/week for the room and desk. Are there any geeks in London can tell me if this is the going rate please? Thank you.
Edgewear is a very posh and afluent area so yes I'd say that is about right! x

If they're wanting £200 a week in Stanmore for a room, I would say a room and a desk for £260 in Edgeware is excellent value.

Remember you're getting premises, electricity, water, rates, gas etc. and an instant clientele from the salon. If things go well you could even end up employing a nail tech to do the desk while you concentrate on the treatments.

Good luck!

Gosh, is it the going rate then? I'm out of touch lol

what days/times would you be working hun? If it's full time then I'd say that was about right (Jesus Christ it's a lot of money though!) x

That's £1126 a month! [/faint]

That can not be right the going rate is about £100 a week I've seen 4 for £250 a month.

I can see that that is right xx

That can not be right the going rate is about £100 a week I've seen 4 for £250 a month.

I can see that that is right xx

Blimey you could rent a whole shop for less than that.:suprised:

Think of all the treatments you need to do just to pay the rent!

Blimey you could rent a whole shop for less than that.:suprised:

In Edgeware? Don't think so!!!!
People are always shocked by central London rents. If it is an established salon, the rent is about right.

Beauty concepts, I'm paying £250 a week for a beauty room above a well established hair salon. I'm in South West London.

It is scary but my 1st £50 a day basically is my rent.

My £250 includes, text alerts, newsletters, laundry, rates, champagne, beer, coffee etc for my clients, free blow dry. My room is spacious, have lots of storage, includes a shower & is stunning!

So you need to think what is included.
Edgeware treatment prices are higher too don't forget.

Beauty concepts, I'm paying £250 a week for a beauty room above a well established hair salon. I'm in South West London.

It is scary but my 1st £50 a day basically is my rent.

My £250 includes, text alerts, newsletters, laundry, rates, champagne, beer, coffee etc for my clients, free blow dry. My room is spacious, have lots of storage, includes a shower & is stunning!

So you need to think what is included.
Edgeware treatment prices are higher too don't forget.

Wow! Sounds like a great deal! Xx

As long as you think you can make that back a week, plus products costs, plus profit for your wage, then why not?
The geeks say it's the going rate so I assume the treatments you provide will be far more expensive and rightly so for the area.
So overall if you can make profit and you like the salon then definitely go for it!

:Scared: £260?! I'm in NW London... not very far from Edgware where my in-laws live and the rate around me is not that high. I've seen beauty rooms going anywhere from 90-200 PW. I know Central London rates are something in the 200s but that's cuz it's busy there. I hope that salon is busy and you'll be able to make a profit from it. xx

Rent costs are always going to be a bit of a debate

At the end of the day it's down to your gut instinct.

Good luck & keep in touch x

It doesn't sound that expensive to me; even here in Arundel you can pay £300ish a week for a small shop without including the costs of electricity, water, contents insurance, contributions to buildings insurance, maintanance, public liability and other usual costs.

But I that for the whole shop martin or just to rent a room? £300 for the rent of a full shop is good. For the rent of a room, it's a bit high for me. But I agree, it depends on the area. In the north east you'd pay that a month, not a week. X

That's for a small shop in a very small town, in which you could fit 2 very small rooms and a tiny reception, and doesn't include anything but the rent. Bearing in mind the rooms in question by the op are in London and in an established salon that sounds very reasonable, but then I'm not a Londoner!!!

Some of the replies in this thread are a bit crazy. They assume that all beauty rooms to rent will be the same sort of price.

It's like assuming that a Ford will cost the same as a VW because they both have 4 wheels and an engine.

When you finally go into business properly you will realise that location is key to your success. If you want to rent a 500sq.ft unit right next to an Asda you will pay way more for it than a 500sq.ft unit on a deserted street because the 'footfall' = better business success and profits.

It's the same when you rent space in a salon. A successful salon with a clientele interested in beauty services will be way more profitable at the end of a 40 hour week than a mostly empty salon who are renting you the room because THEY need the £50 even more than you need THEIR (non-existent) clientele!

Just look at the threads in this forum as proof. Therapists who have rented a room based on its low cost and are then complaining they have only done 3 clients all month!

£50 a week isn't cheap if you are only taking £60 in services. It's 80% of your takings. You'd be better off with a job.

Just saying, as I find it really weird that the first consideration for many of you is the cost of the rent instead of the chance of actually making money.

;)

Latest posts

Back