£59 for 500 facebook likes in business page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Had a call today someone from fb saying they will build my page and give me 500 likes for that price!
I've only just made my fb business page as I was reluctant to set up a personal one but as there is no other way around it I give in.
Has anyone else had this call and is it worth it? With me being new and not a fb user I only have generated 19 likes on my page so it's not really doing its job yet. Ie it's not able to reach target audience. Help!

Noooooo! You should not have to buy likes. Just be patient and word will spread and you'll have loads of likes before you know it and they'll all be genuine.

I thought about advertising on Facebook but changed my mind. I myself only have 16 likes and I advertise on Facebook, I share my web page all the time and did leaflet drops in the past.

I am going to get new leaflets printed up as I have learned loads from when I started in 2010 in new services.

I'm in the process of getting my flyers printed.... So I can put on my business page. When potential customers contact me I have been sending them my link and they have kindly been liking my page. But I was sending them my copy and pasted link from my phone safari - how do I find the neater version of the direct link? The one when I copy and paste has loads of ?/?!-?,,??? Type of thing in and surely I can't put that in my flyer haha!
I'm rubbish at this! A few years a go I used to just put a business name on my personal fb account but they are strict now and it got closed down!

I have a 'work' FB page and manage it with a personal one that uses a false name. I don't really like anybody, miserable cow and so don't want any friends, but have quite a few likes on my work page. That is one way to do it. But I would never buy likes. Think that's a bit rubbish! Spread the word and you'll be cool x

Its a scam. But even if it were legit, what would be the point of random " likers" who have no explicit interest in your business?

Facebook is about interacting with clients or potential clients, not just "advertising".

Go for quaility over quantity- and be patient as Kim says :)

Thanks ladies! I must be a miserable cow too- I have since changed the name on my personal one to a fake name haha! Was getting too many "eee haven't seen you since school....." Type of thing!
Ok so I will avoid buying the fake likes and I agree it will be more rewarding to see it grow genuinely. I just wondered if I was missing out on something that was the norm x

Lol I'm 'miserable' too and have a fake name

How long have you had the page?
Google qr codes. I've put these as well as a link on flyers and they seem to be doing the trick. X

Dont do it!! While I have been on maternity one of our girls did this..... the page got 1500 likes for 35 quid. Brilliant? ??? No it's all people based in new york! Not much goid for the salon!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

It's worth mentioning that your personal FB page can be set up to show what/where you work (including linking to your FB business page). I got a new client because he was a friend of a friend who clicked on my profile and saw what I do. It may be even more useful than a business page!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 178
It's worth mentioning that your personal FB page can be set up to show what/where you work (including linking to your FB business page). I got a new client because he was a friend of a friend who clicked on my profile and saw what I do. It may be even more useful than a business page!

I love the job title.. "Chief Butt De-Fuzzer". Hilarious!

Love your job title! x

I have got a friend, who when I type his name, and click on it, instead of going to his personal page, it goes direct to his business page. I would be quite happy to have my real ID out there if I could do this - just don't know how....can any geeks help?????

im gonna do that now! Cheers!

You're better off taking your time to build genuine likes with customers and local people, maybe add your facebook page to your business card and if you have a website, add your facebook page to that as well...encouraging peeps to head on over there for news and offers.

Personally I'm working on building my email list for newsletter mail outs so I am in charge. FB make so many changes including recently restricting the amount of "fans" that can view the posts you make unless you pay them money to promote the post etc.

Just like if you walked into a bar & said "the drinks are on me" you would suddenly gain loads of new friends, however if you trip up outside the bar none of them would pick you up.

Social media is about interactions & relationships it's not just a numbers game. better to have 10 followers who are genuinely interested in what you have to say, rather than 1000 followers who aren't interested.

Latest posts

Back