0700 numbers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone has an 0700 number for their business? I just found it on the net and wondered if its worth having one for my business as i only have a mobile number and think some people may be put off ringing a mobile

I've only ever had a mobile number and no landline for my business and it doesn't seem to put people off ringing me...... I reckon if you advertise with your address as well as a mobile number people will have faith that you're a legit business.....

I used to work in the telecom industry and from what I remember these are quite expensive to ring. Therefore it may put people off. I would stick to a normal mobile number or 0845 if I were you xxx

do 0845 cost me when someone rings me tho? as i think ive read this somewhere.

I used to work for a company that had an 070 number for their landline as it had advantages with being able to be moved around different sites easily and some other boring stuff, but it did cost the customer more than the cost of a mobile to call it.

I'm not sure if a 0700 number is the same but I would assume so as it seems that mobile companies and some more premium companies seem to have all the 07 numbers.

Most people would assume it was a mobile number anyway I think!
:hug:

iv always used a mobile for work and i dont think it puts clients off :hug:i text to confirm the night before and they can text me when busy

i have an 0800 tel no its dead cheap i use it for my yellow pages advert so i know how much business i am getting from that. Cant your just get a landline with answer service? that way clients can choose
luce

do 0845 cost me when someone rings me tho? as i think ive read this somewhere.

Shouldn't do nowadays through a reputable supplier. I have an 0845 and it is connected free. I can find you a good supplier if you want as I have worked in telecoms for 20 years.

I personally won't call an 07000 number (VERY different than your normal mobile number)....they are well over 50ppm and it puts me right off. They are also not included in any free minutes in a mobile package, so you get charged for calling them even if you have a bundle.

OFCOM are now regulating 07000 numbers much more than previously and will be insisting that people using them play a recorded message announcing the cost of the call as the call is connected. I wouldn't feeel that was a professional way to present a business number.

Latest posts

Back