118 118 beauty pass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy1005

Reaction score
Dear Geeks,
I have been contacted by 118 118 Beauty several times in the past month (telephone and email) asking me to join this scheme. I've googled it and it's also listed on Professional Beauty site. It appears to be a new KGB scheme where you can buy a beauty pass for £70 per year (but is currently sold at £30 till Feb 14 2014). This beauty pass entitles clients to up to 50% discount. When contacted, I told them I cannot afford to slash my prices by 50% and expect to cover my costs of rent, products and service and my time. They came back to me and are now asking for 30% discount on treatments. The clients apparently book directly and pay salons cash but get the discount when they have the card. Has anyone else been contacted about this promotion? I'm curious to know your thoughts on this. I've asked to see their terms and conditions and I'm not too clear on what a part of it means:

''The Merchant Provider undertakes that during the term or for a period of 6 months thereafter it will not enter into any agreement or other arrangement with any third party (other than an entity that is a parent undertaking or a subsidiary undertaking of the company as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006) for the provision of products and/or services that are the same as or similar to the Products.''

What I hope it doesn't mean is that if we sign up to this beauty pass scheme, we are not allowed to advertise or sign up to any other marketing for our treatments with other companies. What do you think this means? Have any of the salons you work for signed up to this? I would love to hear your feedback on this, though it's brand new so I guess we won't know the full impact as yet. It is being advertised in every beauty blog imaginable.

thank you
Cindy

That is what that T&C's mean. You can take it to a solicitor for a quick free consultation but basically if you sign up to offer the discount on there scheme you can't do the same with another company operating a similar scheme.

Example - where I live we pay monthly and get a massive booklet of high % off vouchers for nice restaurants, casual restaurants and entertainment in the area. There's 2 companies. Taste Card & Smarter Card. Different companies same principle.

I mean it can work. We tend to eat out more than we should as it's 50% off etc when we go out to eat so that does tell ya something... Although different industry I really don't know.

Latest posts

Back