118.com advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutekitten88

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Trying to get started on my advertising and have heard 118.com is a good lace to advertise on. Has anyone had any experience with this? And got clients from it?

I wouldn't go for paid advertising of any of those sorts of sites, at least in the short term; you'd be better off looking for as many free directory sites as possible to advertise your business on, e.g. FreeIndex - The FREE UK business directory and Hotfrog - your UK business directory etc - also try setting up a business page on Facebook if you haven't done that already too...

In a lot of cases, the paid-for directory sites are quite expensive, and the paid-for listings often don't offer *that* much more than the free listings...

Thanks 4 advice will look into websites. Has any of these sites helped you? And which do you like best?

I agree, I got caught about with the pricey directories 12 years ago & got very little from them.
I placed myself on Google Maps, put a link onto my own website, ensured the location placing of my salon was correct, did a write up of all treatments I do & put photos on. That has proved very successful & I highly recommend it (free). So many people use Smart phones to look things up these days, so try the popular search engines, google, yahoo & Facebook is a gr8 idea.
Good luck x

Latest posts

Back