13 Week Beauty Course for Jobless! FREE!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two sides of the coin here,
i have paid taxes since i was 16 ........
....i have paid taxes just like you.

i understand there are "scroungers" but you really cannot differentiate peoples circumstances until your in that very place

I'm in agreement total agreement. God forbid it should ever happen to any of you but, if it does, it is the difference between a roof over your head and your kids sleeping in their own bed.

I have been on both sides of the fence. I was a single parent for the first 9 years of Jacob's life. Yes I hear you cry...It was my choice...

I worked full time and part time while putting myself through night school to retrain (most but not all of my courses were paid for) I was entitled to Family Credit. I was determined not to be tarred as ' dosser single mum with a delinquent kid...never done a days work in her life'. These are the things you hear and I hold my hands up and agree it applies to quite a few.

However, the retraining I gained now entitles me to earn more than I ever have before. In my last wage my deductions for tax and NI were £970.00!!!! I fell to the floor in shock... Deductions like these are repaying the government and the tax payers back the money they spent on me while I was retraining.

And the quals I gained are being used to train the new generation on why they need a job, how to get a job and more importantly how to keep a job.

I personally have always said that a single parent should be in charge of the countries budget. They know how to make money go around and last.
:hug:

Jane

Latest posts

Back