1st attempt at french airbrushing not impressed..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
hi there all

this is my 1st attempt at french airbrushing over those fibre glass tips i showed you...........
i wasnt impressed at all i put ibd ultra seal over the top an cured under lamp
thinking i was doing good and that it wud hold diamanties last longer plus theyd be able to go out with hands dry to touch.
it wasnt a client it was a girl who works for me........ but i wasnt please with results!

what do you think ?

http://www.thenailgeek.com/photo/showphoto.php/photo/780/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Hi Hayley, i think their look really good especially for your first attempt x

Hi Hayley

I think your problem was with using the top coat to thick as the nails looked ok with just the fibreglass on them.

Take care Dawnie x

yeh i thought so too

but how good do the normal airbrush top coats last ?

i really need to speak to melle or email her

does she use this board ?

i so want to get stuck in with airbrushing french stencils as my clients all love the french look its the most popular in my salon !

Hayley, what base coat did you use hun? I want to start airbrushing frenches and originally thought you'd have to apply a pink layer then a white. Then I learned that you usually just apply a white tip to the end, but how does this work if you are airbrushing over a nail polish (for example if the client has a particularly pale/colourless bed, or wants a shimmer finish etc)? Would you apply a french pink polish and then an airbrush basecoat, then to white and topcoat after that?
I've put off my airbrush order for now as not sure what I should be buying. Have just ordered various french pink colours as not overly fond of my range right now but not sure what to do over the top of them before airbrushing the white....?
Lol x

sorry hun

no good asking me im just as much in the dark as you lLOL

i use french white tips then base coat then airbrush
but like i said im a learner

trying to get as much practise an advice as i can

Hi there Haylz
I am from your part of the country, Oldbury, Birmingham.
I now live in Spain, anytime you fancy a holiday let me know. We can share nail talk ha ha.
I have been doing nails for about a year and started to do friends and family of friends with a lot of interest. I have inquired about training over here and I start Jan. Just to make sure I am doing everything right, from scratch so I can get my certificate. I am interested in nail art but am not sure what kind of kit to get, someone recmmended the Iwata Smartjet Pro £212.76
What is the difference between the airguns? is the paint loaded in different ways.
Which do you use and is it ok.?
Would appreciate any help.
Dont forget that holiday if you fancy a break, Costa del sol Fuengirola area.
Happy Christmas
Mandy

Hayley

Perhaps IBD UV top coat would have been better, slightly thiner than Ultra seal. It may be worth a try.

Just an idea!

Latest posts

Back