2 fingers lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salpep

Reaction score
I have a new client which I saw last week and she has L&P over white tips.

Now when we was talking she said in passing that she had her nails done before in spain and on the way back to the UK 2 had come off and put it down to bad tech/prep/product

Anyway she rang me other day and said one was lifting slightly, so she was book in for this Saturday for a infill. Today she called and said 2 of the nails had come off and one she broke, then pulled off because she thought that they wasn't on well...well it was on well because she pulled part of her nail plate off with it :irked:

Now these 2 nails was excatly the same nails that had come off before, the ones done in Spain, so my question really would be why do these 2 nails keep coming off? And should I try double dehydrate, or is there anything I could try?
I don't have this problem with my other clients, they go quite happy 2-4 week infill/rebalance

She's not upset or nothing, she is a nice lady..her job is receptionist
so I'm off to see her tomorrow morning to have a look

:hug:

It sounds to me as if she's doing something repeatedly that involves those two nails/fingers as it's the same ones that she's having issues with.
She more than likely won't even realise that she's doing 'it' (whatever 'it' is).

She's picking/nibbling

She's picking/nibbling

She is doing something for sure as Sandi pointed out .. not necessarily picking at all. :hug:

Could be she types with only 2 fingers!! :green: No one can say exactly what it is she is doing .. that is for you to find out with careful questioning.

Once I had a client who always had lifting on the side of her right thumb .. turns out she was not picking or nibbling .. she was flicking a lighter 20-30 times per day because she smoked!! No one here can tell you what your client is doing .. that is part of your job to suss these things out.

I have just returned from looking at the ladys nails and more had come off and some was just about staying on.
I did the detective work and came out with nothing, no meds, she wore gloves while cleaning, she doesn't smoke, etc
Her nails looked like they had come off clean apart from the 1 she pulled off when it broke!
What I did notice was when I was appling the L&P and pressing it firmly it looked good, but time I got to the filing shape I could already see slight lifting on a few of the nails at the cuticle.
Now I did good prep, I even etched the nails which I don't like doing and double dehydrated them
Do you think that her nails are just rejecting them for some reason?
I'm not sure what to do next?

x

I have just returned from looking at the ladys nails and more had come off and some was just about staying on.
I did the detective work and came out with nothing, no meds, she wore gloves while cleaning, she doesn't smoke, etc
Her nails looked like they had come off clean apart from the 1 she pulled off when it broke!
What I did notice was when I was appling the L&P and pressing it firmly it looked good, but time I got to the filing shape I could already see slight lifting on a few of the nails at the cuticle.
Now I did good prep, I even etched the nails which I don't like doing and double dehydrated them
Do you think that her nails are just rejecting them for some reason?
I'm not sure what to do next?

x

It does happen so she could just be one of those ones. Has she worn nails successfully before or was this the first time for her?

Perhaps work together and do some experimentation with gel? If you could see what I call 'table lifting' (the product lifting while the client is still at your table) then there is a problem. It's not as if you started doing nails yesterday is it ? You have experience .. have done the right things ... try to work together for a few weeks and try different things on a few nails to see how she goes.

Latest posts

Back