20 minute acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
I went away and decided to get my nails done - thought i would watch to see the kind of application. I left about 20 minutes later which french acrylics - using white tips of course. I was amazed that the turnaround time was 20mins and they could charge $45 for a job so quick. It wasnt a bad job but i was just amazed at the application. I know 1 beaded acrylics is not the way to go. I was just amazed as I hadnt seen it done before. She applied a big bead on to the nail then with the side of her brush tapped the side of the acrylic on either side of the bead four times. Doing this the bead re-shaped to form a long stip of a acrylic down the nail. With the flags of her brush she flattened the front, then the sides and using the push pull method did the backs (zone 3). I'm not sure this created the perfect shaped nail as the arch was a bit higher towards the back of the nail rather than zone two. What do others think of this application? I'm not sure of the application - but I do admit it was facintating to watch - the product just seemed handled so well.

I've seen this done although it took a bit longer than 20 mins. The sad thing is that often these places have a wonderful skill but use bad products. Pity they don't combine the two. xx

The product seemed ok - i thought the skill was wonderful like you said but i am wondering wat the thoughts are on the 1 beaded application?

Hi there fellow Aussie
Just wondering ..the size of the brush.
Was it large???
The application is quick - thick - by the sounds of it not
structured[built] correctly.
Did you notice if the Brand Name of the products used were displayed?
Sorry alot of q's..lol
Where in OZ are you?
What systems are you using trialing?

XX J XX

Hi there!

I asked - the size of the brush was an eight. The application didnt seem thick but just right, which was surprising. Didnt notice the brand but i know they sell Le Beauty products which i am trialing. Im in canberra but had them in Melbourne. Where are you? Sorry by systems are you referring to method of application or brands? Charlene :)

Hi ya :hug:

I'm in the Shoalhaven not far from you lol.
You're welcome to pop in & troubleshoot.
Mini Geek Meet.There's another Aussie geek close to you.
Maybe we can arrange something[food for thought]

I use Creative Nail Design Professional Systems.
Brilliant & Reliable.
Give us a shout if you need a hand.
Also have you visited
www.apfa.net.au .
Pop over n say hi

XX J XX

XX J XX

Hey there fellow Aussie! :hug:

I live near Griffith (NSW)... not that far from you.

The first set of nails I ever had were done using the one ball method. I too was facinated... (they also used a drill and wrecked my natural nails, yuk, grew out tho and I look after them myself now!)

My teacher told me that it's better with one ball as theres less chance of bubbles... This is not how I was taught or how I do nails though....

If you were out in 20 minutes, how long did they take on doing the prep work, as I have recently been told that the Creative 'top people' take 20 mins doing the prep alone. I am very intrigued by this thread and would love to know how long the nails lasted, and if there was any lifting at all when the rebalance was due. I find all this facinating, but cant work out in my own mind how on earth they managed to do a full set in 20 mins.

Cameo Val said:
If you were out in 20 minutes, how long did they take on doing the prep work, as I have recently been told that the Creative 'top people' take 20 mins doing the prep alone. I am very intrigued by this thread and would love to know how long the nails lasted, and if there was any lifting at all when the rebalance was due. I find all this facinating, but cant work out in my own mind how on earth they managed to do a full set in 20 mins.

You took the words right out of my mouth Val....what IF ANY prep could have been done in this time scale? I would be really interested to know...

izzidoll said:
You took the words right out of my mouth Val....what IF ANY prep could have been done in this time scale? I would be really interested to know...
it was probably the 'file off the cuticle' prep, ouchie :Scared:

Yep, my first thought was 'how long do they take to prep???' Surely they can't be doing a thorough job of prep, therefore, how long will they last?

It doesn't matter if you use one bead or a hundred beads in your application as long as you get the balance right! Of course you can't do pink and white in one bead but if you work in one colour then one bead is as acceptable way as any to lay your product down as long as you build in the balance in the right places.

One colour is not the way I personally choose to go but if that is your preferred way then and using a white tip then why not?

I have to say that for years I have rebalanced using one bead when just doing a one colour rebalance and not renewing the white. It's quick and easy and once you get the hang of maneuvering your brush to get the balance, it is a very efficient way of working.

I personally would not do full sets with white tips though. But in the salon I was a two bead girl doing first zone one in white and then zones two and three in one bead. It's called the 'two step'.

I was interested in how this thread would go...

Charlene says the nails were 'not bad' and she seems pretty pleased with them. I guess that means the prep wasn't too bad either.

We all strive to cut down our times and it looks like this nail tech has done it! Okay, perhaps she could improve on the overall shape, but then we're all trying to perfect that too! AND wouldn't we all really LOVE to do 20 minute nails and charge top dollar??? Or is it only me???

I say well done to that nail tech and give her a pat on the back!

Kx

do keep us posted on how long they last.

I know it was amazing. Before getting them done I had asked how long they would take to do and she had said 1/2 hour and that alone I was amazed so I asked twice. But like i said bout 25mins later I was out of there. The nails lasted fine - I too questioned this. Since I have re-filled them myself. I had left them a little longer than I should of too and there was hardley any lifting. They didnt do much prep work - she filed my old nail polish off, sized and applied white tips (no tailoring, no thinning etc) then she applied a product - I would presume primer. Then she got started on the acrylic. At the end she only buffed (not with a chamois buff), and then polished. I too was very fascinated - intriguing too watch - I'm still am amazed.

you say she filed your old polish off! As your are trained yourself you will know if she was damaging your nails or not. Was she damaging them?

Charlene said:
I know it was amazing. Before getting them done I had asked how long they would take to do and she had said 1/2 hour and that alone I was amazed so I asked twice. But like i said bout 25mins later I was out of there. The nails lasted fine - I too questioned this. Since I have re-filled them myself. I had left them a little longer than I should of too and there was hardley any lifting. They didnt do much prep work - she filed my old nail polish off, sized and applied white tips (no tailoring, no thinning etc) then she applied a product - I would presume primer. Then she got started on the acrylic. At the end she only buffed (not with a chamois buff), and then polished. I too was very fascinated - intriguing too watch - I'm still am amazed.

Curious to know, did she use a hand file to file off your nail varnish or an electric file. Its totally brilliant that you hardly got any lifting. Also how did the amount of lifting you got compare to the amount of lifting you normally get when doing your own nails.

Charlene said:
They didnt do much prep work - she filed my old nail polish off, sized and applied white tips (no tailoring, no thinning etc)
She filed your polish off!!!

Good grief! was this on your nayural nails?...well she wouldnt have to do much in the way of prep after that...sounds like your nail plate would have been well and truly roughed up (and thinned) so I suppose you wouldnt get much lifting!
Dont think much to her idea of prep but would have liked to have seen her application in action!

geeg said:
It doesn't matter if you use one bead or a hundred beads in your application as long as you get the balance right! Of course you can't do pink and white in one bead but if you work in one colour then one bead is as acceptable way as any to lay your product down as long as you build in the balance in the right places.

One colour is not the way I personally choose to go but if that is your preferred way then and using a white tip then why not?

I have to say that for years I have rebalanced using one bead when just doing a one colour rebalance and not renewing the white. It's quick and easy and once you get the hang of maneuvering your brush to get the balance, it is a very efficient way of working.

I personally would not do full sets with white tips though. But in the salon I was a two bead girl doing first zone one in white and then zones two and three in one bead. It's called the 'two step'.

Really !!! Oh I'm all excited now. Any chance of talking us through the one bead method please Geeg? xxx

Yes I was very interested in how it was described by the geek who had her nails done by this nail tech. I could not visualise what she meant when she says she 'tapped' the nail to get it to spread. I am sure Geeg would explain it better. Please do.

Latest posts

Back