20 minute acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, they're history!!! My white tips have ceased to be!

geeg said:
I never gave my clients the choice of having French tips, so they never got them :D !!

There are so many ways to acheive perfect whites now what with the l&P and More Than White and Paint on white gel .. who needs em?

I'm still confused about how you keep the Forever French white. I asked a similar question about Flawless but I'm still a little confused.

How do you stop the white getting a hint of pink on it after you've swept zone 2 over zone 1?

Because my darling Kimmi, you do NOT sweep the zone 2 beadover zone one, only butt the product up against it! Peasy!

Kimmi, if you dont place your zone 2 (pink) bead too close to your white, you wont be sweeeping too much over anyway, and the little bit that does get brought over should come out in your final buff.
Also, when placing your white...hmmm... prob not going to explain this too well, lol!... but....if you build it so that the edge of the smile creeps/pushes forward slightly...your pink bead then nestles in nicely under your white as the it settles. If you cant get this, then the 'back bob' method does it nicely for you!
Gawd! does that make any sense to you...not sure it does to me, rofl!!!!

Yep you need to make that little 'cave' in there at the smile line. I'll have to show you how to do it babe.

geeg said:
Because my darling Kimmi, you do NOT sweep the zone 2 beadover zone one, only butt the product up against it! Peasy!
OOps! Im too late...beaten to it by a much better and simpler explanation! :o

Glo and Geeg...............thanks girlies. I think I know what you mean now. I'm thinking that it's when you get that little ledge on the white and that's where the pink can tuck underneath.

I tell ya what Geeg, if you haven't got too much on doll, pop round to my place and give us a little show :wink2:

a bit like 'show and tell' eh? :D

Hi,
I had my nails done in Florida years ago and they used the same method that you described, I was also fascinated at the way the product was applied, I have never seen it done since!!

Ok so this is still the oneI am scared of ... my pink and whites are just not as good as I want to be able to do them. I have a creative poster with THE most beautiful pink and whites and I want to know that every time a client sits in front of me she is gonna get them babies :) I have hassled just about everyone now for tips and lessons on creating these nails sooooooooooo Gigi, my idol, creator of the best damn nails (good creeping there lol) if Kimmie can come see you can I come too please? pretty pretty please ... we would be such good girls - wouldnt we Kimmie? :) :wink2:

Big love and hugs
Jo xx :hug:

Kimmi Rocks said:
I'm still confused about how you keep the Forever French white. I asked a similar question about Flawless but I'm still a little confused.

How do you stop the white getting a hint of pink on it after you've swept zone 2 over zone 1?

Kimmi,

I was reading in the NailPro Mag. last week and on the pink and white application, you should do all free edge of all nails and then go back and do the pink. That way you know that it is already dry and wont cause any mishaps.

Good Luck and let me know how it works out for you.

Necie:biggrin:

Necie said:
Kimmi,

I was reading in the NailPro Mag. last week and on the pink and white application, you should do all free edge of all nails and then go back and do the pink. That way you know that it is already dry and wont cause any mishaps.

Good Luck and let me know how it works out for you.

Necie:biggrin:

If you want to do your nails this way, then it is a way you can do them, but The product being dry or not has nothing at all to do with mishaps or pulling zone two product over zone one!

Sometimes it does help a student to 'get his/her eye in' by doing all the whites at once. As I always say, whatever works for you is right for you provided it is a safe technique. There is however no advantage to the enhancement itself by applying 'this way' or 'that way'.

So just clarifying between the one and three beaded method. Is it best to apply even one colour acrylic using the three beaded method? Is it not recommended to use the one bead even if it is built all in the right places? Also refering to those who use the one beaded method for re-fills is this the same procedure as applying it to the entire nail? In that case is it worth being taught such an application and will it be beneficial in some way or another? Charlene.

I must admit, I too am with Kimmie on this,,,,,a little confused. In the nailclass book, on zone 2 application, it mentions placing the zone 2 bead, pressing slightly and immedialtely drawing the brush lightly all the way down over the tip,,then again once the bead has been pressed out to both sides, drawing lightly again all the way down over the tip. I realise that this is not dragging or sweeping zone 2 over zone 1, but surely, a little of the colour will still affect the white, or is it so minimal it will be removed when filing?
Gigi, you also mention with the zone 3 application to draw the brush lightly all the way down over the tip as this ensures a nice even application and a silky smooth finish, but again, can this not add more pink colour to the white?
Is it me? am I reading too deeply into everything?
geeg said:

My idea on this is that if you are working at the correct ratio ie not too wet, when you smooth over the tip you won't drag the pink with your brush and taint the white.

If your working ratio is too wet you will pull pink over the white when you smooth over the tip, because the product is too wet and you can't control it.

Also, if you place bead 2 too close to the smile line or if the bead is too large, when you give it that first press, you may end up pressing it over the white.

HTH

Smooth it don't move it!!

Remember you push with one pressure and you pull with another (which is very light and only smooths the surface) .. it does not move it into another zone.

To charlene ... it does not matter how many or how few beads you use in your application as long as you get the structural balance right.

Christine G said:
I must admit, I too am with Kimmie on this,,,,,a little confused. In the nailclass book, on zone 2 application, it mentions placing the zone 2 bead, pressing slightly and immedialtely drawing the brush lightly all the way down over the tip,,then again once the bead has been pressed out to both sides, drawing lightly again all the way down over the tip. I realise that this is not dragging or sweeping zone 2 over zone 1, but surely, a little of the colour will still affect the white, or is it so minimal it will be removed when filing?
Gigi, you also mention with the zone 3 application to draw the brush lightly all the way down over the tip as this ensures a nice even application and a silky smooth finish, but again, can this not add more pink colour to the white?
Is it me? am I reading too deeply into everything?

Smooth it don't move it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple phrase but makes a lot of sense,,,thank you.

Christine

I just remembered another aspect of the 20 minute nails. After dipping the brush into the monomer she placed it flat on paper towel and used a cuticle stick to flatten the hairs of the brush from the shaft to the flags. Doing this a couple of times she removed the excess liquid in the brush. She then began her application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Charlene.

Charlene said:
I just remembered another aspect of the 20 minute nails. After dipping the brush into the monomer she placed it flat on paper towel and used a cuticle stick to flatten the hairs of the brush from the shaft to the flags. Doing this a couple of times she removed the excess liquid in the brush. She then began her application. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Charlene.

My first thought was 'What a waste of monomer'. After all, that's the most expensive part. Why didn't she just wipe it on the side of her dappen dish?

Strange!!!

I have a video from young nails and she did one ball method. It's great video though I dont use their product yet. Rose

Latest posts

Back