2018 weddings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creativexox

Reaction score
Hey :)
So my wedding is booked for Next summer.. and now I'm feeling completely overwhelmed by it all.. time just seems to be flying by!
I just don't know where to start.. we have the ceremony and reception venue all booked but I'm really struggling with all the extras like photography, cake, bridesmaid dresses,music/entertainment!There's so much to book, does anyone know of any apps or sites that can help me organise myself a little better? I've downloaded a few so far but ended up deleting them as they were just spammy! Xx

My partner doesn't believe in marriage :c

Hey :)
So my wedding is booked for Next summer.. and now I'm feeling completely overwhelmed by it all.. time just seems to be flying by!
I just don't know where to start.. we have the ceremony and reception venue all booked but I'm really struggling with all the extras like photography, cake, bridesmaid dresses,music/entertainment!There's so much to book, does anyone know of any apps or sites that can help me organise myself a little better? I've downloaded a few so far but ended up deleting them as they were just spammy! Xx

Congratulations! When is your wedding? I'm getting married on 23rd June next year :D

I downloaded a couple of apps, Bridebook and The Wedding Planner, but tbh I ended up buying some pretty stationary and manually made lists and notes.

We've already booked and paid deposits on registrar, venue, marquee and band. We're incredibly lucky that we can count among our friends a professional photographer and a dj and both have said they'll do it for free!

I plan on doing as much as I can myself and with the help of friends. Next task is to make and send out invitations for both the ceremony and the evening but we've decided to take the summer off from wedding planning so I'll be back on it in September :)

Aww, thank you sweet! And congratulations to you too :)
Ours is 26th May.. I do like writing lists usually I think I'm just whittling about everything too much lol
We've been fortunate enough to get a really good deal on our reception venue it's the entertainment and photography I'm having problems with, loads of photographers have got back to me saying they're already booked and the ones that aren't are quoting me £2000+! Which is a little out of our budget! Lol xx

My partner doesn't believe in marriage :c
Funny you say that, both myself and my partner never used to believe in it! Not sure what happened but he proposed on xmas day and it just felt right to say yes haha xx

Aww, thank you sweet! And congratulations to you too :)
Ours is 26th May.. I do like writing lists usually I think I'm just whittling about everything too much lol
We've been fortunate enough to get a really good deal on our reception venue it's the entertainment and photography I'm having problems with, loads of photographers have got back to me saying they're already booked and the ones that aren't are quoting me £2000+! Which is a little out of our budget! Lol xx
With photographers if money/availability is an issue would you consider contacting a local college or uni art department to see if there are any students who would like to build their portfolio? I do feel very lucky to have friends in the business, very generous, kind ones at that!

What sort of entertainment do you both want?

Funny you say that, both myself and my partner never used to believe in it! Not sure what happened but he proposed on xmas day and it just felt right to say yes haha xx
so what you're saying is there is still hope?

With photographers if money/availability is an issue would you consider contacting a local college or uni art department to see if there are any students who would like to build their portfolio? I do feel very lucky to have friends in the business, very generous, kind ones at that!

What sort of entertainment do you both want?
You know, I had never thought of that! Might give it a shot.. might see if I can find any Facebook pages/groups and see if there is anyone looking to build their portfolio.
Just music really, and there are quite a few children coming so as our venue is outside I might look into a bouncy castle or those giant games to keep them entertained! Lol xx

so what you're saying is there is still hope?
Absolutely! Lol but I suppose it all depends on why he/she doesn't believe in it.. my reasons to begin with were the fact that my parents got divorced and it all got a bit ugly.. and my partner didn't believe in it because he's an atheist and saw it as a close link to religion.. we've been together for 8 years this year and both have children from previous relationships, his daughter lives with us full time and doesn't see her mum as she is troubled to say the least.. and then we had a baby together so maybe that's why personally we decided it felt right to become one family name? I know that makes it sound so formal but realistically that's the reason haha xx

Oooh, I remember how stressful and overwhelming it was for me a couple of months before our wedding! At one point, I remember getting so exhausted and confused that I was like, 'screw it, let's just friggin elope!' I'm so happy my husband was my rock and voice of reason and made me understand that it's alright and I'm okay to be a bit crazy and paranoid, LOL. Now we are joyfully walking on our path to fulfill God's divine purposes for the race and for the repopulation of the earth. We are happily expecting our second baby, and both of us couldn't feel more blessed and excited! The more, the merrier!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back