Emma's A-board thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,

Just wondered what kind of advertising do you have outside or near your salon?

Are A-boards popular?
Or I saw on vistaprint they do lawn signs - does anyone have these?
Is a lawn sign similar to an a-board?
Do you have boards that you have wrote on in chalk, or got made with information printed on or ones where you put posters in that you can change?

Sorry for all the questions but am trying to think of ways to advertise that doesnt cost a fortune!

Many Thanks in advance
Love Emma x:hug:x

Hi Emma,
I have a beauty room within a hairdressers so i bought an A-board from Ebay. It is silver and weatherproof. It is double sided and you can open it up to put your A3 size posters in it.

I got mine so that people would know where to go to find me. I advertise under the name Flawless Beauty and have my address as within Headrush, but it just stops people from getting lost and confused.

I bought some sticky back plastic in purple and cut out the words Flawless Beauty 01932 244877 and stuck them on the inside of each side. I can put signs in either side as i wish or just leave it like that, so i normally only put special offer posters in.

The only thing is that mine is quite lightweight so i got a bike lock from the 99p shop and i lock it to the pipe beside the salon, otherwise on a windy day i would lose it, lol.
HTH xx

Just to see if this works.

Hi Emma,
I have a beauty room within a hairdressers so i bought an A-board from Ebay. It is silver and weatherproof. It is double sided and you can open it up to put your A3 size posters in it.

I got mine so that people would know where to go to find me. I advertise under the name Flawless Beauty and have my address as within Headrush, but it just stops people from getting lost and confused.

I bought some sticky back plastic in purple and cut out the words Flawless Beauty 01932 244877 and stuck them on the inside of each side. I can put signs in either side as i wish or just leave it like that, so i normally only put special offer posters in.

The only thing is that mine is quite lightweight so i got a bike lock from the 99p shop and i lock it to the pipe beside the salon, otherwise on a windy day i would lose it, lol.
HTH xx

Thank for that, can you remember what you paid for it? x

Ummm...not really but i think about £30 x

Emma Im sure we have the same A board as what Flawless beauty has, its a lot lighter that the previous board we had. My sister (partner) is buying holders that attach to it so that we can put our pricelists in, although I don't know how this will go in the rain???

It would be best to ask your local council for permission before placing an A board on a public pathway. I put one outside my salon, without asking permission, and they told me I had to remove it as it was a tripping hazard:irked:

It would be best to ask your local council for permission before placing an A board on a public pathway. I put one outside my salon, without asking permission, and they told me I had to remove it as it was a tripping hazard:irked:

Oh dear, I didnt even think of that, thanks for the heads up! x

Latest posts

Back