A board/ sandwich board

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good company that does sandwhich boards to put outside your premises. Also how do you go about getting permission from the counsel to place it outside your premises? Im looking for one that doesn't cost the earth and from the ones i've seen they're quite expensive

they sell some on ebay that are plain and you can write what you want maybe cheaper then buying from a company..

i want to get one also.. not sure about the council part though...

My Partner supplies aboards & signs with the graphics at great prices if you're interested i can PM you his details:)

Certain councils can be really funny about signage......If you have business premises then make sure that you have the exact usage on the deeds......

This is my council:

I sent an email to request an a-board be placed outside.

My salon was last listed as a hairdressers.

If you have a hairdressers you can have beauty without it being marked as a usage but as I only do beauty I had to have change of use from a hairdressers to a beauty salon only. - cost - approx 300.00...

All for the reason of wanting a sign outside...Personally I would just place one outside....

Does anyone know of a good company that does sandwhich boards to put outside your premises. Also how do you go about getting permission from the counsel to place it outside your premises? Im looking for one that doesn't cost the earth and from the ones i've seen they're quite expensive

It's probably worth a quick email to your local council as planning permission is often different per regions.

Certain councils can be really funny about signage......If you have business premises then make sure that you have the exact usage on the deeds......

This is my council:

I sent an email to request an a-board be placed outside.

My salon was last listed as a hairdressers.

If you have a hairdressers you can have beauty without it being marked as a usage but as I only do beauty I had to have change of use from a hairdressers to a beauty salon only. - cost - approx 300.00...

All for the reason of wanting a sign outside...Personally I would just place one outside....

its alot of hassle they want money for everything
....about 5 shops on my parade where my salon is have them outside and i asked about it and they all said ' we just put it out there' ..
and i personally would just put it there

Think im just goinng to put it out and if they say anything i'll pleade ignorance. Best way i think. It's just im within a hairdressers and my room has no window so the only way you know im there is if you go upstairs to the hairdressers and the hairdressers is on busy road so it'd be silly not to

Yep....I would.....Ive had too much hassle for a blinkin A board lol

I have an A board I put out even though our local council states we have to have a licence or omthing. The official only comes around 2 or 3 times a year and when he's spotted the phone calls between the businesses start to warn each other to move your sign quick! :lol:

I'm not allowed to have a lawn sign or window sign in the neighbourhood I live in, BUT... I have a fantastic sign already there.

On my car!

I have a window sign on the back of my car, parked in my drive, with all the details a client might need. Looks good, and I won't get busted by the council :)

I did have an A board outside my salon. One day a man from the council called in and said if I didn't remove it they would. He made it very clear that if a pedestrian fell over this board that I would be liable:eek:

I decided to ignore his threat but two days later the council did indeed pick it up and take it away!

In retrospect, considering how many 'career insurance claimers' there are around, I'm glad it's gone:)

jes

Latest posts

Back