A Board?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannamobile

Reaction score
Hi Geeks im about to rent a room in a clinic and i' d like an A Board to put out side the salon to put offers on or just say open or appointments available that sort of thing does anyone else do this or know where i can get one from?
Thanks

Hi Hannah
These are on eBay advertising board.

Try your local sign maker

Hi Geeks im about to rent a room in a clinic and i' d like an A Board to put out side the salon to put offers on or just say open or appointments available that sort of thing does anyone else do this or know where i can get one from?
Thanks

You may need to ask the associated council for permission, as some local authorities can be more particular than others when it comes to placing A Boards on pavements and walkways.

Noodle is absolutely correct. If your A Board is in the public foot way then most councils require permission to use it. Health and safety etc.

Also, yes there are A boards etc on eBay but most are the cheapest of the cheap and are not very good. You want something that's strong and heavy as if it blows down the road and hits someone or another shop, guess who's liable... yep. You.

Most decent ones, depending on style will be between £100-300. The outdoor ones with bases you fill up is what I recommend which tend to be the higher end of that bracket.

Thank you, yes thats a valid point perhaps i may go down this road in the future if it gets slow!

Thank you, yes thats a valid point perhaps i may go down this road in the future if it gets slow!

As mr p will confirm, advertising should be a constant thing you do, rather than just when you are slow. As it takes time to draw clients/customers in.

We run a sign business as well, and when we get told by people they don't need to advertise or its all through word of mouth, that's good, but things change, people die, move area or just plain stop requiring your services, they don't give you warning.

Advertising should be constant, if you are full you just say sorry you can't fit them in or it'll be in 4 weeks not 2. Customers coming to your door is not a button you can turn off or on when things are slow or busy.

Just my opinion xxxx

Do check ebay though i got a secondhand one ....very sturdy for 15 quid x

As mr p will confirm, advertising should be a constant thing you do, rather than just when you are slow. As it takes time to draw clients/customers in.

We run a sign business as well, and when we get told by people they don't need to advertise or its all through word of mouth, that's good, but things change, people die, move area or just plain stop requiring your services, they don't give you warning.

Advertising should be constant, if you are full you just say sorry you can't fit them in or it'll be in 4 weeks not 2. Customers coming to your door is not a button you can turn off or on when things are slow or busy.

Just my opinion xxxx

Yes Beckybee i totally agree with you 100%, currently i advertise in 2 magazines that get delivered to every house and business locally one is just in my village and the other is all surrounding villages, ive just had an amazing sticker wording on my car which is already getting noticed. ive struck a deal with a local clinic for referrals and so the board i was thinking of as an add on i really like the idea of it so i am currently looking for one as i felt if i have a slow day/week as well as having open now on it i can state i have appointments available too. thank you for your motivation. Hanna x

Latest posts

Back