A Board

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJR Beauty

Reaction score
Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone has an A board outside thier salon? I work in a busy high street and most shops have them outside and they seem like a great idea to catch peoples eye with promotions etc as theyre walking passed.

Was wondering if I need any special permission to have it outside from the council? someone told me I did but a lady in a shop said she didnt ask the council for hers.

thanks guys
Lauren
:)

I think it might depend on the council. You're best to ask your local council really. I know one salon I worked at, put an A board outside and it got removed by the council because they're not allowed in our city centre. People still put them out, and at regular intervals the council just come round in a van and remove them all. So I guess it depends on whether you want to throw money away...:)

i dont know if i can have an a-board but i have one..

i dont think its worth the hassle of geting the council involved.
shops around me have them to

We have one and it is invaluable. Ring the changes with adverts on it, special offers etc. Didn't ask permission but i think on your own land is ok and most councils don't worry about them, especially if they are not causing a hindrance to passers by.

When i rang the council they said it would be the highways department who would deal with it and would certainly refuse. I brought up about all the A boards scattered around the town and they said unless anyone complains they tend not to do anything about them..xx

Latest posts

Back