About to resign, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmima1

Reaction score
hi there

I've been in my job for over 4 years now and am going to hand is my notice. i'm really scared as i don't want to regret my decission!!!

I'm leaving because:
I don't get on with the main receptionist (I have told my boss how she is very rude to me and other staff to infront of customers, is even rude to customers and very unprofessional-but my boss chooses to ignore this all)

Ignored my offers to go on training to further the treatments at the salon and help bring in more money, as clients have requested different treatments.

My money has not gone up for near on 2 years-although I have be told I will have a review umpteen times.

Other therapists who have been there 3 years less then me are on not much less money then me-they told me how much they get, i DIDN'T ASK.

I feel as if my wings have been clipped and I am not appriciated.

I'm looking to train further and do volenteer work and then after 6months I can set up on my own.

I already do family and friends so i no it's not a lot but what else can I do?

Any advice would be great as i'm really worried.:Scared::confused:
p.s sorry for long thread x

theres nothing worse than working in a place that you are really unhappy in, my advice would be to look for something else first though. The way things are just now, eveyone is struggling, and jobs are hard to come by, so maybe try to stick it out for a wee tad longer, and try to find somewhere you can move on to that you will be happier, hope you find somewhere super fast!! all the best, and good luck xx ruth

You need to think this over very seriously. Consider your options carefully. Job and income as opposed to no job and income. Good Luck :)

I would find another job first.

i have been in your shoes. used, abused, miserable, dreading working. Start looking under the table for another job. If your skills are good you'll have no problem finding another one. be prepared that when you turn ina notice most of the time, bosses ask you to leave immediatly. I've turned in two and both times, it was "alright, get your stuff and get out". they don't want you around long enough to pick up their client info and earn anymore of "thier" money than you have to. ALso if you have personal info on your clients, get it gathered and in a safe location before you turn in your notice. I had a boss actually raid my files and take all of my clients info after i turned in my notice. 9 out of 10 it will be a very uncomfortable expierence unless they are good bosses. good luck on this!

Its not a nice situation to be in, but my advice would be, look for another job 1st. Good luck. :)

Definitely find another job first! Its hard when you are working somewhere you are unhappy, but make sure you have money coming in somehow before you leave!

Please dont steal client details from the salon. It is a criminal and civil offence if you get caught.

Thank you everyone for your advise. I still feel worried about handing in my notice. But i definatly wanna get out of there...if I don't do it now I never will. I've contacted two people who I know need help in there salons-one just as a saturday therapist and the other to cover reception in busy times. As I say I have a few clients already. I hope to have more time to train further and set up on my own. I'm sad though as I know the salon will prob just ask me to leave after I ahnd it in. I have lots of very close clients who I will be upset to leave without saying goodbye.

Fingers crossed i'll be ok and find my feet.:eek:

Better now to get ready for the holidays!

All the best :hug:

Latest posts

Back