Acrylic help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmax147

Gemmax91
Reaction score
I have used various makes of acrylic kits from evolution to the edge. But i keep having the same problem. The nails keep lifting after a day or two. Unyet i have followed the application to the book, using primer etc and taken my time. What am i doing wrong?

If you're getting the same problem regardless of the brand then it has to be something you're doing. Can you talk us through your full prep and application. Also are there any areas you knowingly struggle with?

Are you doing cuticle work? Only you don't mention that. A pure said though talk us through your procedure.

Thanks for your reply both...
i start with sanitising, then filing the nails and the cuticle work. I also lightly buff the nail bed, apply the tips and blend them in and then apply the acrylic (dipping the brush into the liquid monamer and picking up a bead)

Thanks for ur reply both...
i start with sanitising, then filing the nails and the cuticle work. I also lightly buff the nail bed, apply the tips and blend them in and then apply the acrylic (dipping the brush into the liquid monamer and picking up a bead)
Sorry, forgot to mention i apply the primer after applying the tips and then apply the acrylic

Do you use any products for cuticle removal? Also you don't mention cleansing or dehydrating the nail prior to application of L&P.

Yes i use the strictly professional cuticle remover and i only use a sanitiser prior to treatment and a primer just before i apply the l&p. Perhaps the problem is that I'm not using a dehydrator?

Yes i use the strictly professional cuticle remover and i only use a sanitiser prior to treatment and a primer just before i apply the l&p. Perhaps the problem is that I'm not using a dehydrator?
I thought that was the primer tho to be honest?

I use a separate dehydrator and primer.

I definitely think this is something you need to do.

Are you fully pushing the cuticle back? I don't use any remover personally I do it dry.

Are you fully pushing the cuticle back? I don't use any remover personally I do it dry.
I'll give that a try. Thank you

Which do you apply first, the dehydrator? And is that prior to the tip application or the l&p application?

Which do you apply first, the dehydrator? And is that prior to the tip application or the l&p application?

My prep procedure;

Sanitize hands (Any sanitizer will do)
Remove any polish from the nails and file the natural nails into an even shape - If you are using tips its best to have the natural nail match the shape of the well.
Cuticle work
Apply tips and cut to desired length
do a second light run over the cuticles to make sure i have everything
Wipe over with sanitizer to get debris off
Two coats of dehydrator
two coats of primer and then acrylic application.

My prep procedure;

Remove any polish from the nails and file the natural nails into an even shape - If you are using tips its best to have the natural nail match the shape of the well.
Cuticle work
Two coats of dehydrator
Thank you for your help. I only tend to use one coat of a primer alone. So I'll purchase a dehydrator aswell and do the two coats of each, see if that helps. Thank you

My prep procedure;

Cuticle work
Two coats of dehydrator
What brand do you tend to use if you don't mind me asking?

I use NSI mostly. Naio if it's coloured acrylic as i love their colour range.
I use the full system for each though i don't mix products.
For gel polish i use Gelaze by essential nails and again i use the products from them for prepping etc.

NSI and NAI do dehydrators. NSIs is strong, maybe try that.

I use NSI Attraction acrylics and they're dehydrator is Nail Pure or Nail Pure Plus (I use the latter). Dehydrate, apply tip and the primer on the natural nail plate.

NSI and NAI do dehydrators. NSIs is strong, maybe try that.
Hi sorry i'm asking an entirely different question. I own a salon nd i hve hired a nail tech a month ago.. she just worked 6 days in total cz she wrks in a care home so this is her part time job. She just asked me yesterday to get a new kolinsky brush fr acrylics.. i got the nsi professional acrylic kit and i can assure the brush is not used on more thn 5 customers so far cz we get more of shellac customers. Can you please tell me how long an acrylic brush lasts before replacing it wth a new one?

Latest posts

Back