Acrylic nails breaking off from tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah0307

Reaction score
Hey again ladies,

So I've not been doing nails long. 4 months. Some of you have been great with advice on speeding up. One of my clients has just messages me saying two of her nails have come off from the tips. I fixed one for her yesterday free of charge as I felt this was my fault because this has happened before. I do acrylic extensions on myself and they last till they have to be In-filled. Why have they from off from the tip do you think? I must be doing them better on myself! And would you charge to fix them or not? I really don't want to charge her to be honest as I really do think it's my fault but this is a mobile clients and although she's 5 minutes away I'm having to go to her . Help!

Hi,
Don't be too hard on yourself, your still getting the hang of it ...

Just a few questions ....
When did you put the set on?
Is the acrylic thick enough in zone 2 without being too thick at the free edge?
What job does your client have?
Does she wear gloves when doing house work?

If you do think its because they wasnt strong enough then I wouldn't charge, but if you think that they're breaking due to client not following your aftercare then I'd charge her. (you'll get to the point when you will be confident in your work - keep at it, as they say practise makes perfect...)

Sanilulu xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi Sanilulu. I am quite hard on myself I'm getting really frustrated I just want to be good at it. My nail art is great but it's obviously more important that my acrylic work is great first! It's so frustrating. Practice makes perfect but I'm just not practising enough. I have a practice hand but it's soooooo different to doing it on a real hand lol. So I gave up with that. And people are put off by me taking 2 1/2 hours especially if they brimming fall off! I put them on a week and 2 days ago. She doesn't work she's a housewife. She said one came off when she was getting the washing out of the machine and not sure about the other one. I wondered if it had anything to do with the tips I'm using but they're ok on myself. She did have them very long so I'm questioning if section 2 was thick enough. Could you tell from a picture? Xxx

... Oh I can't see your picture (don't know why!!)
If she's had them quite long maybe thats why,
Don't be hard on yourself, the practise hands are ok when starting out, but nothing beats a pair of real hands.
Keep at it, you'll be fine
Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thanks Hun xx

Latest posts

Back