acrylic nails discoloured why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incorrect mix ration can also cause yellowing and brittleness.

I've been told on my course to tell clients to wear petrollium Jelly (Vasoline) on their nails if they are going on sunbeds or sunbathing for both Gel and L&P

has any one mentioned contamination yet? sorry only read part of thread ( sort of lol)

When you buffed them did the discolouration disappear....this would eliminate stuff like curry and fake tan, because that would just be held on the surface and would disappear as soon as you started to file the nails.

Sun beds definately do cause some products to yellow.....so definately use a top coat liek EZF UV 30 wich is designed to reflect UV light back...hence the blue glow.

As Lotus said another thing could be brush contamination, although I think if your brush were contaminated you would have noticed the yellowing sooner rather than later.

Everyone remember it is only one client this is happening too. If it was anything she was doing it would be more peeps having problems.

thanks for that Beautynails. I know everyone is trying to help me out but it is only ONE lady. Her daughter told me she does use sunbed creams so i think it could be that.

If that's what you can narrow it down to, then maybe it is!

TMOUSE said:
thanks for that Beautynails. I know everyone is trying to help me out but it is only ONE lady. Her daughter told me she does use sunbed creams so i think it could be that.
If she's not even going to be honest with you there's not much you can do. She is obviously not really interested in sorting the problem only in blaming you.

I would just put it down to the tanning bed & lotions, even she want listen you might just need to say I'm sorry there's nothing else I can do.

i have had the problem with discolouration of the white tips used l & p on them which was fine when she left. but today i get a phone call telling me that her tips have gone grey can you tell me what might cause this and why if possible
jenny34

Hi,

I use the sunbeds all the time, my nails do glow but they have never yet gone yellow! There is a lady I know who's acrylic goes yellow and she is a manic cleaner and never where gloves!!! I use creative, but she is just learning and uses star nails ( i think)!!

It's really maddening when something goes wrong on just one customer and there is no logical reason why!

i have a client how comes for overlays and her nails go creamy too she doesnt use sunbeds but i think it might be cleaning products in the home and she smokes but both hands go the same colour. i got her on tuesday so will let you know what they are like.

angela

Solution!
I go to the tanning bed all the time with my french tips. I use creative/retention. Before I did nails, when I went to the NSS, I don't think they used a UV topcoat, or perhaps it just wasn't a good one. Anyway they turned yellow really quick in the tanning bed back then. Now, I always use a coat of IBD intense seal topcoat...its 100% UV dry topcoat, which means it is truly a UV gel, and hardens like a rock and NEVER allows for discoloration. It also could be because I use retention. Great thing about intense seal, it does not need to be cleansed. Nails go in the UV shiny, come out shiny, and my nails are as white as the day I put them on when I do a rebalance.
They do glow brightly in the tanning bed, but I am guessing this lady's nails glow in the tanning bed simply because they are white tips. Anything white kinda glows in the tanning bed. But they will glow even more with UV topcoat.
What planet is she from...LOL "I don't like how they glow in the tanning bed"...LOL that is hilarious

:confused: Ok, just got thru w/doing a complete new set of acrylics on me, they looked good BUT awhile later I noticed on a few nails (tip area mostly) it yellowing already! Since I've never had this happen and I'm almost sure my monomer is probably contaminated just How/what can I do to get them back white again? Or am I going to have to just Paint the tips white? Appreciate any input:rolleyes:

:confused: Ok, just got thru w/doing a complete new set of acrylics on me, they looked good BUT awhile later I noticed on a few nails (tip area mostly) it yellowing already! Since I've never had this happen and I'm almost sure my monomer is probably contaminated just How/what can I do to get them back white again? Or am I going to have to just Paint the tips white? Appreciate any input:rolleyes:
Could be that your brush is contaminated.

hi chick i actually do nails in a sunbed shop and i never have yellowing i always use the intense seal by ibd, you do get the nails glowing but i cant see why shes bothered about that, as for the yellowing it probably has nothing to do with sunbed maybe it was contamination of your products?:rolleyes:

I agree with everyone else! It must be something she is doing. She may be using a new tanning lotion that she wasnt using before with her NSS nails. And also, she shouldnt be looking at her nails on the sunbed. If she does it too much it will damage her eyes and she wont be able to see the discolouration on her nails!!!
S-J x

I picked up a great little product at the Professional Beauty show which stops nails discolouring on sunbeds. They are called tip tops & they are like little caps that fit over your finger tips, they are also my favorite colour pink !! They cost me £4.00. I am not sure if you can buy them in any salons but they have a web address on the packaging www.tip-tops.co.uk.

I picked up a great little product at the Professional Beauty show which stops nails discolouring on sunbeds. They are called tip tops & they are like little caps that fit over your finger tips, they are also my favorite colour pink !! They cost me £4.00. I am not sure if you can buy them in any salons but they have a web address on the packaging www.tip-tops.co.uk.

Ask her if she wears gloves for cleaning at home or at work. I have a ladie who whilst she did as asked to wear gloves when gardening but said when dirt got in the gloves when she took her gloves off they seemed to have yellowed. I found lated used to make my extensions yellow too before I became illergic,

Latest posts

Back