Acrylic nails on a boy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorz27

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here, I was just wondering what opinions woman/men have on a boy/man wearing acrylic nails?
I'm 100% straight... But I've always wanted to get my nails done professionally?
Opinions? And would anyone near me like to do this ?

Many men get their nails done, and it has nothing to do with their orientation; some do it because they like it, some to stop biting their nails etc etc. Any nail tech should be happy to take on a client regardless of gender if they truly want to get their nails done.

I'm sure there is someone out there happy to help you - but it may help to supply a location :)

Good luck!

Thank you! And sorry about that, it will not let me set my location, I'm from Southampton, England.

Hi I'm new here, I was just wondering what opinions woman/men have on a boy/man wearing acrylic nails?
I'm 100% straight... But I've always wanted to get my nails done professionally?
Opinions? And would anyone near me like to do this ?

Hi Greg. What is the fascination with acrylic nails? is this because you want long painted nails? Or are your own nails damaged and look unsightly? How does it fair with a girlfriend?

The reason I say this is I am not with the majority here - I couldn't think of anything worse than dating a male who has false acrylic nails..I would run for the hills. This comment isn't personal towards you but just an outdated opinion of mine. :) but an interesting topic non the less!

My nails aren't all that great, but that is not the reason for me wanting mine done!
I've always had something for a woman with nice long painted acrylics! Always wanted to see what it's like, to have my own set!
My ex girlfriend used to get them done every month, on cue... I actually bought her a acrylic nail starter kit, so she could do her own, she practised on me !
I enjoyed it, felt nice having them done and felt good while they were on! She used to enjoy doing mine too, I am a very manly man, but there is just something about me that makes me want my nails done professionally ! To truely see what it's like and experience it for real!

My nails aren't all that great, but that is not the reason for me wanting mine done!
I've always had something for a woman with nice long painted acrylics! Always wanted to see what it's like, to have my own set!
My ex girlfriend used to get them done every month, on cue... I actually bought her a acrylic nail starter kit, so she could do her own, she practised on me !
I enjoyed it, felt nice having them done and felt good while they were on! She used to enjoy doing mine too, I am a very manly man, but there is just something about me that makes me want my nails done professionally ! To truely see what it's like and experience it for real!

Yes of course it is up to you, there are thousands of nail techs that work on males and most are all for it - my only observation would be that a manly man wouldn't entertain the thought. However that could be misconstrued as being personal towards you - I hope you don't think this. You are one potential girlfriend down already... ha ha.

Reactions: KHS
It had always been my plan to do both womens and mens nails. Bring it on, I say - men, women, straight, gay, transgender - variety is the spice of life! Shame you're not closer. I'm sure many techs would be happy to help.

Pretty sure I've seen an old thread on here from a guy who always had his done when he was away on business trips. Just because he liked it. Might be worth a search? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This such an interesting topic! I've seen a few posts about this lately and it's nice to hear it from a male client who is genuinely interested in having nail enhancements. I would probably book in for a manicure first with polish, see how you like it and if you like the results make your next booking for enhancements. I only say this because enhancements weeks. Hope you find someone near your area! 😊

Thanks a lot everyone ! Enjoying reading the feedback! All is welcome !

Yes of course it is up to you, there are thousands of nail techs that work on males and most are all for it - my only observation would be that a manly man wouldn't entertain the thought. However that could be misconstrued as being personal towards you - I hope you don't think this. You are one potential girlfriend down already... ha ha.

Virtues I have same opinion, I have no problem with men having nails and doing nails for men but personal opinion It really puts me off if men have long nails, weirdly mans hands I like to see complete opposite from a woman's hands, ie short bitten rugged lol
This isn't against anyone personally just my personal opinion and preference. As I said I wouldn't turn away (or tell them my opinion lol) of a man came for any kind of nail service.

I would be happy to do your nails as well .I'm shure there will be lots of nail technician ofering professional service. And there is nothing strange or wrong of it.

I wonder how long it will be before we see our troops coming back from war with long red painted nails and the only traumatic stress disorder is how they came to break one!

I understand a lot has changed in the last twenty years or so and I must be of the older thinking generation as I don't like men in pink or anything relating to femininity.

However these are my personal views on a forum where probably the majority of people are all for it. I have no interest in causing an argument here or being disrespectful to the OP and if we were all the same it would be rather dull. :)

I think we all know most of these posts will be saying 'I'd love to do your nails' but would you date a male with long painted acrylic nails?
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I totally get what you're saying Virtues and personally I wouldn't date a man with long nails.
But.....I have met many men and women (especially on the fet scene) who absolutely adore nails and for me to produce something that would be so treasured is really exciting (well, treasured until they get snapped off during a severe bout of spanking etc! Joke!) :D;)

I totally get what you're saying Virtues and personally I wouldn't date a man with long nails.
But.....I have met many men and women (especially on the fet scene) who absolutely adore nails and for me to produce something that would be so treasured is really exciting (well, treasured until they get snapped off during a severe bout of spanking etc! Joke!) :D;)

Ha ha ha.... Now that made me laugh out loud! From a business point of view they are only clients who want you to compete a fantastic service for them. I just tried to change it from a business thought to a personal one to see if people who serviced long nails on males would actually date one.

It is a very good question that virt!
The one pleasing thing is that people will actually perform a service on me,
I guess it dosent sound great, like a man wanting his nails done, but each to there own ay!
I respect your thaughts and opinions greatly, for now, I would like them done professionally just to see what it's like and if I really am interested.
If I don't like it, then there we go.
Let's be hounest , not many girls would date a guy with long pink acrylic nails, but you'll never know :)

What reaction do you expect to get from friends, colleagues etc as once these nails are on you can't get them off too easily?

I have done it before, as I said , my ex used to like doing them, my male friends just asked why, and wondered what it's like, and female friends were very excited.

No. Just no

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done two fellas nails in the past, one gay friend of my sisters who loved everything feminine.
He had the most natural gorgeous looking nails, great length, beautiful nail beds but wanted them cut right back and white tips with acrylic.
He was happy until he snapped 3 fighting like a hooligan and wanted them fixed for free (not a chance, I don't repair damage that's not through my application)
The other guy had natural full wells with gel due to being a horrific biter and desperate to stop, he just wanted very snort natural nails..

I couldn't date a guy with long painted nails, or even long enhancements looking as natural as they could. however for a nail biter having that helping layer that wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have done it before, as I said , my ex used to like doing them, my male friends just asked why, and wondered what it's like, and female friends were very excited.

I think we've come to the conclusion that the majority would help you, most wouldn't date you but you do what feels good . Ha ha. Good to talk to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back