Advertising for models and to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24claire

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm compleatly new to the site and it is so usefull!!!
I'm in a bit of a pickle as i have just passed my ITEC manicure and pedicure units whilst i'm still studying for my ITEC nail tech course so i've just posted some advert's in the local shops asking for models for gel but informing them a charge will be made to cover equiptment cost's as everyone knows it dosen't come cheep. I'm a little worried as i have no insurance to cover myself so do i need any if i'm only training and get clients to sign a disclaimer to agree to a trainee carrying out the work i'm really stuck Please help asap

Hi

Im in the same situation as you.

Ive passed my VTCT manicure and pedicure and training for my VTCT nail technology n extesions.

Ive advertised for models and the bookings are coming in thick and fast im pleased to say!

I am charging £10 per set for gel nails I have got insurance to cover myself to be on the safe side - as you never know. Even though you have advertised for models and have a disclaimer. The people know they are acting as a model and you are not fully qualified but some people are still expecting a top quality professional set of nails on the cheap!

The insurance I have got is for qualifed as a manicurist and pedicurist with FHT and it also covers me as a student for nail extensions. I got this before I found this site - and since found there are other places to get insurance. Im sure some of the other more qualified people on here will be able to tell you of other places to go for insurance as well.

Good luck with getting some clients and your training

Debbie xxx

24claire said:
Hi everyone,
I'm compleatly new to the site and it is so usefull!!!
I'm in a bit of a pickle as i have just passed my ITEC manicure and pedicure units whilst i'm still studying for my ITEC nail tech course so i've just posted some advert's in the local shops asking for models for gel but informing them a charge will be made to cover equiptment cost's as everyone knows it dosen't come cheep. I'm a little worried as i have no insurance to cover myself so do i need any if i'm only training and get clients to sign a disclaimer to agree to a trainee carrying out the work i'm really stuck Please help asap

Hi there - I'm also in a similar situation! I've just passed my VTCT manicure/pedicure course too and now doing the nail extensions one. Most places do a 'student' insurance package that basically covers you for the case studies that you need to do for any extensions course. Try places like the FHT, Professional Beauty, BABTAC, GPBT. Rates are fairly reasonable from what I've seen. I'm sure there are more companies but off the top of my head I'm struggling a bit today! Good luck xxx

Latest posts

Back