advertising spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hope you all haveing a fab bank holiday weekend. Now, Im wanting to advertise just spray tanning as that is all I am qualified to do at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas for a leaflet I can make up that is just advertising spray tanning. I am wanting to just do some sort of leaflet that I can hopefull do myself and just advertises my prices and offers for tanning parties. I am wanting to beable to post this through proples letter boxes. Does anyone have any ideas? xxx

Hi there x

Although I am a fully qualified therapist I have some ideas for you, I have just recently started on the spray tanning venture and have been making up my flyers and web page announcements etc, I suggest you do a leaflet with a good easy promotion that wont leave you out of pocket but will promote your business whilst bulking up the leaflet content.

Currently i am using the good old ones!

spray tanning parties - for every four paying guests the hostess recieves her tan free

and

tan with a friend - each client recieves £5:00 of of their tan when two people book together for the treatment at the same time.

Hope this helps for other ideas check out my website at http://lucysbeauties.synthasite.com

Also have a look at my facebook ad page which is under lucy's beauties if you cant find it look for my page lucy macdougall and there is a link from there, as this is a good free way to advertise.

Hope this helps

love Lucy x

Another great way of promoting a tan is rather than physically giving £5.00 off a tan, try offering a free gold/silver body shimmer with each tan - this will be worth £5.00 to the client (as that is what the shimmer retails for) but it will cost you much less - that way you still get your £20 for a tan and you're only giving away £2.....

You could also give each client a voucher for 'Recommend a Friend'. You write the current clients name on the voucher, date it and sign it... she then gives it to a friend... when the friend books in with you she will hand you the voucher.... once she does and you verify it, the friend will receive 10% off her first tan and the current client who gave the friend the voucher in the first place also receives 10% off her next tan (but she has to take advantage of this promo within a set period - say 8 or 12 weeks).

Its a great way of encouraging new clients and keep your regulars coming back for more. We've tried this promo when we had our salon and it worked exceptionally well.....we ran it for a period of 3 months and without doubt it gets new clients through the door and then it is down to you to work your magic !!!!!!!!!! ...hth:)

Carrie - what tanning brand do you use as some brands also sell pre-tan/post-tan sachets which are a great giveaway and at a really cheap price.....:)

hi I am currently advertising spray tans for £10.00 for May.
I have just put

Get ready for the weekend!!! (in red)

then a pic of my model

Spray tan £10.00

every thursday and friday (in red)

in May 10am - 6pm (in red)

call... then my business name

on.. then my contact numbers

to make an appointment

please make sure you wear old or dark coloured clothing & underwear also flip flops.

for best results, exfoliate & shave the night before the appointment and do not use any moisturiser, perfume, deodarent or wear make up on the day of the tan. (in red)

just in case I have walkins or anyone wanting to prepare ready for the thu or fri appointment.

(you could do it on the days you are alittle slow) I made some smaller ones for friends/ clients and then put some posters in local shops. just an idea for you if tanning is slow it does bring in new clients

Another great way of promoting a tan is rather than physically giving £5.00 off a tan, try offering a free gold/silver body shimmer with each tan - this will be worth £5.00 to the client (as that is what the shimmer retails for) but it will cost you much less - that way you still get your £20 for a tan and you're only giving away £2.....

You could also give each client a voucher for 'Recommend a Friend'. You write the current clients name on the voucher, date it and sign it... she then gives it to a friend... when the friend books in with you she will hand you the voucher.... once she does and you verify it, the friend will receive 10% off her first tan and the current client who gave the friend the voucher in the first place also receives 10% off her next tan (but she has to take advantage of this promo within a set period - say 8 or 12 weeks).

Its a great way of encouraging new clients and keep your regulars coming back for more. We've tried this promo when we had our salon and it worked exceptionally well.....we ran it for a period of 3 months and without doubt it gets new clients through the door and then it is down to you to work your magic !!!!!!!!!! ...hth:)
I love the shimmer idea, which company is this with? I am training in a couple of weeks with Sienna?! Everybody loves a bit of sparkle!

I got six 75ml gold shimmers free from sienna x when i placed my last solution order. they do sell them though on the sienna x site.

I made up some leaflets that focused on the fact that Summer was coming but why wait til then to be brown - kinda thing.

Keep the leaflet short and sweet, too much info will be too much to take in.

Have a catchy headline or your business name, then a short line as to why they should have a spray tan, then list your offers or price list.

Don't forget your phone number - I nearly printed them and forgot that bit Duh!!

Hope that helps a bit xx

Hi everyone

Hope you all haveing a fab bank holiday weekend. Now, Im wanting to advertise just spray tanning as that is all I am qualified to do at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas for a leaflet I can make up that is just advertising spray tanning. I am wanting to just do some sort of leaflet that I can hopefull do myself and just advertises my prices and offers for tanning parties. I am wanting to beable to post this through proples letter boxes. Does anyone have any ideas? xxx
Who have you trained with hun,
most reputable companies give out a marketing booklet with lots of ideas and examples for when you are starting out.
You have had some great ideas given to you.

Hi Hayls

The shimmer I was talking about is from me - (Sienna X product). I will advise you when I see you in a few weeks.....:hug:

Hi Hayls

The shimmer I was talking about is from me - (Sienna X product). I will advise you when I see you in a few weeks.....:hug:
Aaaww fabulous!! I didnt realise who you were until now! lol!!
See you in a few weeks xxx

for best results, exfoliate & shave the night before the appointment and do not use any moisturiser, perfume, deodarent or wear make up on the day of the tan. (in red)

Good advice, but you dont spell deodorant like that... Make sure there are no spelling mistakes, I think it gives a bad impression :hug:

Latest posts

Back