Advertising your work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbeauty

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recently passed my eyelash extension course and I passed my lash lift course last month. I am now at the stage where I am ready to advertise, feel confident in my work and I am renting a room from the second week in April.

I have my website up, a facebook page and an instagram account. I have shared a few posts here and there on Facebook but not much has come from it as of yet.

I was wondering what kind of responses people get from marketing outside the 'social media' world. I was thinking whether to grow my 'lady balls' and on a busy day to go into my town and hand out some leaflets in hope it will attract more potential customers.

I was thinking of having a pack with my business card and a leaflet with the details of the competition to win a free set of eyelash extensions /friend for you and a friend that is on my facebook/instagram but then also on the back an offer of 25% off for new customers during April/May and a bright coloured hoodie with my logo on so people don't run off too quickly if I approach them! My friend was also offering to come and help as she has eyelash extensions on by me - I have a lash lift done by me to explain what I offer.

Am I crazy or does this kind of thing work?!?!

Many thanks!
Roxanne

Facebook ect is good because its free ect but i dont find it enough i have tried so much, facebook posts, inviting friends to like my posts, local selling groups, ect but i still am not getting bookings ive also done leflets attended local events just gt your name as round as much as poss xxx

Hey Roxanne! Congrats on completing all of your courses. You know, one of the fastest ways to build any business is to pay it forward. You need some free publicity. Find a public figure in your market or a market near you and offer your service for free. Also, local publications are always looking for new material. Why not offer to contribute a "non-salesly" article on eyelash extensions, the history of it, why women do it etc... At the very least, get friends and people of influence to be your "before and after" models (free) and post the results along with their testimonials everywhere. This type of (free)marketing is how I build my business years ago. Good luck, I hope this is helpful!

Social media really controls the industry. Make cards and hand them out with your business info including Facebook & Instagram contact. So they can view you on social media. Now days your social media can be thought of as part of your contact info.

Stephen nailed it. Social media is not going to you that much good at this point. You need clients before you can post pictures of your skills. If you start posting right now it is just a constant sales pitch.

Latest posts

Back