Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxnaughtyfairyx

Reaction score
any suggestions what did u find was your best advertising method? im just starting up so will need to get clients in before i can rely on word of mouth xxx

it'll be different for everyone; depends what you do and where you are. If you get Vitality - that's my June/July topic.

Essentially though, check your local market and who the local publications reach (research is everything). Ask them for a features list to see if they have something suitable coming up that you can advertise in. Local social groups are worth a shout as are community publications (the local directories that are delivered everywhere).

I am all for the unusual - maybe try adshells (surprisingly cheap), or other unusual mediums. Most importantly though, plan your activity, so that it has a thread and a purpose; unplanned one-offs can be costly and pointless

:) Hi Naughtyfairy, I have tried all kinds of advertising, and have found the expensive things like newspapers dont seem to work too well.
The best ways I have found are get yourself a website, put yourself on all the free advertising websites(just google free advertising). Google, yell. com, netmums.com. There are loads. If your on face book, put a link to your website so all your friends have a nose. The more your website is looked at the higher it gets you when someone googles you.
I honestly can say this worked really well for me, and only costs me £3 a month for my website, thats it.
Good luck hope this helps a bit.:hug:

Try freeindex.co.uk : it works a treat for me :)

Try freeindex.co.uk : it works a treat for me :)

Yer i do well from that too. Here are a few more free ones

gumtree
touchlocal
viva street
brownbook
yell.com
tomson local

All it cost is your time:)

You could hand out business cards to other local businesses. I bar near me has just started a competition between other local businesses to see who can refer the most people, the business that wins gets a free staff party. You could maybe offer the business that refers the most new clients a free treatment. For more marketing advice see my blog.
Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back