Advice about doing French nails with Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejboyle

Reaction score
Hi, I've just started a weekend job in a salon. I've been shown how to do gel French nails, has anyone got tips for me? I can do it in normal polish but unsure really how to do it.

Any tips please?

Use 2 thin coats I do with the one in the salon we use xx

I usually do the base coat and then one layer of french white ( i don't use a base color after the foundation) on the tips instead of two, then do the top coat. when i have done two coats of white in the past, it feel very thick on the tip when i run my fingers over it after the service is complete, when it should be flat and smooth.

Thanks [emoji4] do you do it in the same way as normal polish French or do you do it different?

They've shown me to paint loads of white and the use a brush with alcohol remover on and wipe round creating the shape then put under the lamp and thee apply a second coat in the same way.

Xx

Thanks [emoji4] do you do it in the same way as normal polish French or do you do it different?

They've shown me to paint loads of white and the use a brush with alcohol remover on and wipe round creating the shape then put under the lamp and thee apply a second coat in the same way.

Xx
Just keep your white coats really thin so it doesn't wrinkle/ crack when cured. x

Just wanted to share my first set of Gelish French nails.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432419027.072071.jpg

I still find it hard to do normal French nails but this for my first time with Gelish went really well I'm pleased with the result.

Any tips on improvement? Xx

Have you tired using a dotting tool to apply the white?

No, how would I do it with the dotting tool? Xx

Dotting tool is brilliant, especially on short nails, just dip it into the white gel and kind of stroke it on. Tidy the smile line with gel brush Also brilliant for little toes!

Dotting tools are amazing. Just put a bit if white polish in a small pot or on something flat, and then dip your dotting tool in and just use it like a brush. Just draw your line and fill it all in. Can buy them on eBay for 1.99, as Natalie said, tidy the smile line with a brush if need be and job done! So much easier than a brush. And when you buy dotting tools you'll get a pack of 5, each has different sized ends. So you can chose the right size for the nails you're doing. Good for short nails, as there is normally a very small one! x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437723459.794277.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437723471.177891.jpg

I've done a few French Gelish over past few weeks. The white set of one of the first and the Orange ones I did the other day. Any tips on improving and also any tips on how to build up speed? This will come in time I know but any advise is great
Xx

Latest posts

Back