advice for beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
hiya everyone, just wondered, when you inform your clients how to look after their enhancements do you provide them with a leaflet or something similair, which they can take away to read? i would be interested to know what you do.
ive only just passed 4 day fc and i cant wait to get started! ive made a list of things i need to buy and it adss up to £196!! is this normal for a newbie? lol
i am going mobile and i have read posts on here of people only getting a couple of calls after doing a tremendous amount of advertising, so i am not expecting my phone to be flooding!
im enjoying getting 'organised' but cant wait to get started now, feel nervous about when i get my first client but i know you've all been there! any advice or tips i would very much appreciate and i look forward to sharing my experiences with you (good & bad!)

nikki xx

Well Done For Passing
We Always Talk Them Thru The Homecare Advice And Give Them A Leaflet And Most Importantly - Get Them To Make Their Next Appointment!!
Lots Of Luck

Nikki

Like you, I am new to nails & have just started out being a mobile tech. It was hard as I recently moved to a new area. Its taken a while, but I am now starting to build up my client base. There was a point I thought how am I ever going to get new clients.

I got loads of leaflets & business cards printed. I put the leaflets everywhere, newsagents, hairdressers, supermarkets, staff rooms in large companies, clothes shops etc... Anyway, it took a couple of months, but the last few weeks I have got loads of calls from new clients. I always ask where they found out about me and the funny thing is most of them were from my local newsagents (leaflet in window), my last one was from the local fish & chip shop!!. I was on my way home from a client, stopped in for fish & chips, left business cards and the next day I got a call. Who would have thought I would get something from a fish & chip shop, well I did not.

Get cards, leaflets done and leave them everywhere.

I have just put an add in the Friday Add for 6 weeks, not sure it will be successful but who knows, it seems you get calls from all sorts of strange places.

It is hard when you start out but it will work out, you just need to stick with it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

When I got my call from my first client I was so excited I cant tell you. Now I am getting to the stage where its hard to fit it all in!!

HTH

Karin x

nuttynikki said:
hiya everyone, just wondered, when you inform your clients how to look after their enhancements do you provide them with a leaflet or something similair, which they can take away to read? i would be interested to know what you do.
ive only just passed 4 day fc and i cant wait to get started! ive made a list of things i need to buy and it adss up to £196!! is this normal for a newbie? lol
i am going mobile and i have read posts on here of people only getting a couple of calls after doing a tremendous amount of advertising, so i am not expecting my phone to be flooding!
im enjoying getting 'organised' but cant wait to get started now, feel nervous about when i get my first client but i know you've all been there! any advice or tips i would very much appreciate and i look forward to sharing my experiences with you (good & bad!)

nikki xx

Hi nikki, l print my price list and aftercare off my pc saves a lot of money when your starting, and l'm in the yellow pages which is good (l'm the only mobile tech in there!!) you'll get loads of work doing freinds and family and word speads well from them!! so don't spend to much money, build up steady and you'll be fine, hope this helps xx.

Hiya, I get my aftercare leaflets from Designer Nails they work out so chhep and really look the part. They have the lovely LuLu design on the front and you get 50 for 4.95. I also get the appointment cards that match, again a bargain at 4.95 for 250 i couldnt design and print them for less myself.

Mrs O's advise is brill, i made this mistake. I completely forgot to ask when they would like their next appointment. I just presumed they would ring me...

Best of luck...sound like your thinking of everything xxxx

Latest posts

Back