Advice for new member please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsy

Reaction score
Hi

I've just joined the site, i passed a course with Essentail Nails in gel extensions but need models to practise on since have only worked on the nail trainer and friends so far. I've put ad's in some shop windows for models to build up my confidence. I'm also going to do a course in manicure soon.

Can anyone recommend where to buy a portable desk since i want to go mobile eventually.

Cheers

Mitsy :confused:

Depends how much you want to spend really hun but have a look on geekbay and do a search on google - there are quite a few companies that do them mine is from REM, just depends what sort of thing you want. HTH's

hi, sally's sell them. i think there about £60.00.

I tried to get into Sally's on the web but couldn't find it. Do you know their address?

kateyork1 said:
Depends how much you want to spend really hun but have a look on geekbay and do a search on google - there are quite a few companies that do them mine is from REM, just depends what sort of thing you want. HTH's

I was thinking of spending upto £150 but want one that i can fit my uv lamp etc on. Do you supply your own chairs normally or does the client?

Hi Misty I have also just finished an Essential Nails course and my hubby got me a table that folds down and has a drawer off Ebay it cost £90 its great:lol:
The good thing is you can easily fold it to fit in a car.
Hope this helps and good luck:wink2:

I have a little table from argos...its white and the legs fold down .... its big enough for my desk lamp and uv lamp and all my other bits... its light ... it fits in my car... i can carry it under 1 arm...and the best bit is it cost me £10...http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0191737.htm

xxx

Great thanks

I've just gone on the web and reserved it. Much cheaper than i thought i'd end up paying!

Jenny xx

Hi

Thanks i'll try that then. Which course did you do with essential? Have you practiced on anyone yet? I've practiced on my Mum and two friends so far, the first was a disaster but i'm getting better now. :)

Check the height of it first hun, I looked at it as well as its a good table but as Im quite tall I couldnt work from it comfortably. You certainly dont have to pay loads for a mobile desk straight off, Mine is from woolworths andwas £11.99. And it as a really handy carry handle. look around at shops selling off the summers camping and picnic tables. Some are quite nice and not too cheap looking. B&Q had a good one for under £15.

Thanks i'll give that a try then.

Hiya, Welcome to the site and Well done on completing your Essential Nails course. I am just onto the second card on my acrylic overlay course with them. I hope to finish within the next 5 weeks. Giving myself that as a goal as I am working full time so only have 2 days a week free, one of those spent with my partner. How long did it take you to complete?

I also work full time so spend a couple of hours weeknights on the course, it took me about 3 months. I want to learn acrylic too, i've been told that the main part preparing the natural nail, applying tip and blending are the same for both courses so might just order the book and dvd to learn it that way instead. It took me ages to complete all the sets i think i had to do about 60 sets of 5 altogether. Just need to practise on real people instead of that hand now :lol: I've also just started the airbrushing course and want to do an evening course in manicures (my friends Mum's are asking if i can do manicures now) Its just finding the time.

I have been doing it since end of August. They are the same prep, tip application and blending. You will need the products though for the acrylic. I just sent some nails off to Sarah (one of the tutors there) and she said Im doing great, just needed to build up a couple of my apexs and nail tips.

They have confused me though, they said the no 13 nail in the book is the easiest, but talking to Sarah, she has said it has now changed so that the no13 nail is the hardest?! I do actually find it the hardest but you think they'd change the book. I used so many nails just to do the first card, I think Ive used up most of the 300 nails they send. Do they charge you for them after that? Have you done the maintenance course?

Yeah the number 13 nail is the hardest they should update the book. I didn't pass the gel course 1st time round but have a credit now. Yes i've done the maintainance course and passed that too, so think i'll just invest in the materials for the acrylic course rather than buying the whole thing. Its really strange practising on people though, i was really nervous the first time.

Yes i had to pay extra for the rest of the nails, i got through loads

I really hope I pass first time, I did my first set of nails to go into the card this morning. 5 nails took me 1 1/2 hours plus a bit more I think. I thought that was quite good until I realised that I had only done 5 nails! lol a real person has 10 so double that, not that good! But I can only improve! :)

That's good, my first set of 5 took me 2 hours!!

tamimac said:
Check the height of it first hun, I looked at it as well as its a good table but as Im quite tall I couldnt work from it comfortably. You certainly dont have to pay loads for a mobile desk straight off, Mine is from woolworths andwas £11.99. And it as a really handy carry handle. look around at shops selling off the summers camping and picnic tables. Some are quite nice and not too cheap looking. B&Q had a good one for under £15.

i am 5.9 and i work fine from it...the legs can be set into 2 positions..lower and higher...i just set it higher and have no problems with it. xx

Mitsy said:
I tried to get into Sally's on the web but couldn't find it. Do you know their address?

We have one in Luton if you can't find closer one, 01582488776. If you give them a ring they might be able to tell you where to to find one close to you.
And they are open today. :D

Latest posts

Back