Advice needed on french tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Reaction score
I have seen french nail tips on ebay that have a clear full well, has anyone used them? If so are they any good and do you need to blend them at all?

Many thanks :)

I've not seen or used the tips you describe but you would have to blend the clear well and also thin out the tip as it's the product you're applying that provides the strength not the tip.
what make are the tips? be careful not to go for an unbranded product as I made that mistake and wasted money, the tips I bought (a while ago now) all split and were rubbish quality, and there I was thinking I was getting a bargain.
x

Thanks for your advice, I'm not sure what make they are but they are from Nail Tech Direct www.nailtechdirect.co.uk. If you get a moment maybe you could have a look and let me know what you think. I think it would be very difficult to blend them without spoiling the smile line x

ValencianNails said:
I've not seen or used the tips you describe but you would have to blend the clear well and also thin out the tip as it's the product you're applying that provides the strength not the tip.
what make are the tips? be careful not to go for an unbranded product as I made that mistake and wasted money, the tips I bought (a while ago now) all split and were rubbish quality, and there I was thinking I was getting a bargain.
x

hmm... i did have a look at the tips with the clear well... i suppose it depends on how thick they are in the contact area as to how difficult it will be to blend them... personally speaking, i would imagine that the smile lines wouldn't look the same after blending.
you could try pre-blending them before applying them, although i've not used clear tips before so pre-blending would be guesswork as opposed to knowledge (if that makes sense)

11.99 for 70 tips is a rip off!!! I find millenium nails the best for french tips, its like 11.99 or 12.99 plus VAT for 500. the number 1 size is really big, unlike some i have tried!! their (natural) salon gold tip is ok, but ive used better. the join at the well area is a bit of a funny shape. not sure why, but it can look well wierd sometimes.

Many thanks for your advice and taking the time to have a look, think I will steer clear of those!

Katelisa said:
11.99 for 70 tips is a rip off!!! I find millenium nails the best for french tips, its like 11.99 or 12.99 plus VAT for 500. the number 1 size is really big, unlike some i have tried!! their (natural) salon gold tip is ok, but ive used better. the join at the well area is a bit of a funny shape. not sure why, but it can look well wierd sometimes.

Hi Lindy,

If you are looking for French tips then take a look at the recent thread for the Daisy Cutter Tips - I have recently tried the Raptor white ones and I really like them especially for doing my own nails.

As to buying professional nail products from e-bay - no matter what sort of bargain you think you are getting - I believe it is very unprofessional to sell "professional only" products to all and sundry.

Latest posts

Back