Advice on changing systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Massively Geeky
Reaction score
Hi ya Geeks

I need your advice please, I've got an existing pedicure client coming tomorrow to have her nails done. She has fibreglass at the moment but is changing to Creative L&P btw she has serious talons which I'm not used to :Scared: .

My question is do you recommend a full soak off before changing to L&P?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Happy Easter

x

yes i would soak off all the fibreglass, and start a fresh with the L&P.
let us know how it goes.x

I would agree with Bling here... soak off and start afresh... good news is, fiberglass comes off loads quicker than Gel or L+P!!!

I'm pleased to hear that fibreglass soaks off quicker as a full set on normal length nails takes me around 2 hrs so I have warned my lady she's looking at 3hrs + lol. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.
x
Mrs Geek said:
I would agree with Bling here... soak off and start afresh... good news is, fiberglass comes off loads quicker than Gel or L+P!!!

Hi Pauline,

Totally agree. Infact anyone who wants a new set of nails, should have nails soaked off as you don't really want to be mixing products and stuff.

As regards to soaking off , I find it quicker if you get a bowl of fairly warm water and place the soaking dishes (with product remover in them) in to the warm water, which gently warms up the product remover and therefore speeds the process up.

Just a quick note , (though you probably already know this), NEVER HEAT PRODUCT REMOVER IN THE MICROWAVE!!!!

Have heard very scarey strories about that!:Scared: Good Luck!!

Pauline, i use the sonic, which is an electric soaking bowl. fill with acetone, turn on and clients put her 2 hands into soak, the sonic gently warms and keeps the acetone moving, resulting a soak off to be 20 - 30mins depending on thickness. you can leave your client soaking while you carry on with another.
you can purchase the sonic from NSI. for approx £100
one of the best investments Ive bought.

last week i went into a salon who also used the sonic to soak off my CND L&P's, it was alot quicker i must admit but almost painful and i came away with my cuticles bleeding!!
a cheaper way (if you're like me and you dont have a spare £100) i find that a cotton pad soaked in acetone which is applied around the nail and then wrapped in tin foil securely (so you're 10 fingers are basically roasting like a turkey!!) - works a treat! 30 mins later, voila!

simple, some may say strange but effective!!.... and cheap!

Hi Pauline,

Best way I found for soaking is, wet a nail wipe with acetone or product remover, and place it on the nail, then wrap it in tin foil. After all the nails are wrapped, place them all in a bowl with warm water and wait. Make sure the water does'nt go over the edge of the foil, as you don't want the acetone diluted. The warmth from the water makes it work much faster. Usually takes 20-30 mins.
This works for me anyway.

zobo said:
last week i went into a salon who also used the sonic to soak off my CND L&P's, it was alot quicker i must admit but almost painful and i came away with my cuticles bleeding!!

jeez and we are supposed to be in the beauty enhancement industry...

a cheaper way (if you're like me and you dont have a spare £100) i find that a cotton pad soaked in acetone which is applied around the nail and then wrapped in tin foil securely (so you're 10 fingers are basically roasting like a turkey!!) - works a treat! 30 mins later, voila!

maybe cheap... but be careful with the pure acteone...cheap yes... good? nope!!

hey glitzygirl im not the only one that thinks cheap around here! dipping them in warm water, sounds good - i'll give it a try!!

creative 'product remover' is the best and i use on all my clients (well all 5 - im v.newbie!)
i've had pure acetone used on myself by a salon but i dont think i would trust myself to use it on others!

zobo said:
creative 'product remover' is the best and i use on all my clients (well all 5 - im v.newbie!)
i've had pure acetone used on myself by a salon but i dont think i would trust myself to use it on others!

cool - just worries me when I hear the word acetone in conjuction with product removing... pure acetone is extremely dryingto the natural nail where as most pro soke-offs are buffered!! HTH's!!

OMG So many replies thanks to all of you. I will be trying some of your suggestions, at the mo I use individual spa Nail Soakers which I quite like. I usually soak for about 10 minutes then check each nail individually and gently remove the L&P which has dissolved (not sure this is the correct termonology LOL) and then put finger back into soaker to remove remaining product and move on to the next nail and so on. I'm not patient enough to sit and wait 20=30 mins without doing anything and not confident enough to have another client waiting in case my timings don't go to plan. Maybe I should learn to be more patient. I must try the Creative remover.

Anyway my new Talon lady was absolutely thrilled with her nails today which made me very happy.

Thanks again for all your advice.
x

zobo said:

Pauline @ FN said:
OMG So many replies thanks to all of you. I will be trying some of your suggestions, at the mo I use individual spa Nail Soakers which I quite like. I usually soak for about 10 minutes then check each nail individually and gently remove the L&P which has dissolved (not sure this is the correct termonology LOL) and then put finger back into soaker to remove remaining product and move on to the next nail and so on. x

Diane absoluley LOVES these Nail Spa Soakers... she says they are the best... maybe Karen from Nailsplusbeauty supplies them... they are fab!!

Mrs Geek said:
cool - just worries me when I hear the word acetone in conjuction with product removing... pure acetone is extremely dryingto the natural nail where as most pro soke-offs are buffered!! HTH's!!

Sorry every1,

Mrs Geek is right, acetone is not good. When I said acetone, I actually meant tip or product remover. The tip remover I use has acetone in it, that's why I call it that. Otherwise, I would never use pure acetone.
Just wanted to make that clear.

Latest posts

Back