Advice on doing a 'Man Tan' please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanforeverbrown

Reaction score
I've got my first 'man tan' this Friday (he's a friend of mine so am not worried about any weirdness!) but as I've never spray tanned a man before, please can I have some advice on:

• How to spray tan a man's face who has a beard
  • How to deal with spray tanning over heavy body hair - do you have to spray any differently for hairy legs/arms/chest?!?!
Thanks!

I’ve tanned men ( I don’t anymore) but it’s just the same. I tan my husband who has a beard and bald head. Just tan the face the same . Don’t tan the beard. As for the chest hair , Spray all over the chest like you would a woman. I always found it awkward spraying the top of a man’s thigh as sometimes you could see the outline of their “thingy” through their tight pants [emoji15]

hahaha thanks for the advice. Thank goodness I'm doing a close friend although still gonna be a bit odd!!

I've got my first 'man tan' this Friday (he's a friend of mine so am not worried about any weirdness!) but as I've never spray tanned a man before, please can I have some advice on:

• How to spray tan a man's face who has a beard
  • How to deal with spray tanning over heavy body hair - do you have to spray any differently for hairy legs/arms/chest?!?!
Thanks!
hahaha thanks for the advice. Thank goodness I'm doing a close friend although still gonna be a bit odd!!
Hi there! If your male client is excessively hairy, a good tip is to spray in the opposite direction to the way that the hair is lying so that the hair lifts, allowing the tan easier access to the skin. And in regards to spraying around a beard, apply a touch of barrier cream or vaseline around the hairline to prevent it 'grabbing' any colour. Hope this helps! x

Latest posts

Back