Advice on hair extensions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2021

Reaction score
I had approx 90 beauty works bonds fitted 9 weeks ago and loved them.
I have followed aftercare religiously...using pureology hydrate shampoo and conditioner, Moroccan oil after washing, heat protection spray and I wash approx every 5 days.
I dry the bonds first then the ends straight after washing and brush it 2 or3 times per day and sleep with it tied back.
I have curled it with ghd tongs and cloud nine straighteners but I don't style it every day.
So I found that after about 5 weeks I had a lot of split ends and the bonds hang individually. I have lost 2-3 per week but still have loads in.
Apologies for the long post but I want to know is this expected after such a short time? I'd wanted easilocks extensions but couldn't get a match anywhere near my colour so went for the cheaper option.

Last edited:
Mmm maybe the hair is not of great quality...? I don't want to be disrespectful but when I've worn extensions that are not that good quality that happens... and sometimes I used to use too many products and it shortens the life of the extensions. Could you maybe brushing them too vigorously? Maybe don't brush them as mush or use a wider tooth comb on the ends and then just take extra care that you are brushing the roots and separating the bonds as this is the idea of regular brushing so the bonds don't tangle. I've paid 350 for half a head and I never knew where my tech bought the hair from, it could have been cheaper hair, do you trust the tech in where she got them from and whether it was Remy hair? You could maybe call in a salon or your tech and ask her to trim the ends a little? I used to use serum on mine but I think that makes them look worse sometimes. Or maybe try a deep conditioning agent on the mid length and ends to try and help it look less dry and don't use as many other products on a daily basis as the chemicals in them can shorten the life of extensions, wel ive found that with mine over the years of wearing different Types of extensions.
Hope that helps a bit!! X

The Russian/Mongolian hair is lovely, just in case my current tech reads this, haha I've always trusted her and been happy ☺️☺️ You get what you pay for sometimes xx

I found any oil on BW hair made it feel matted and their aftercare range is terrible! You could try a treatment on them I use an extension boost which you can get from most hair companies.

Latest posts

Back