Advice on how to set up an exhibition stand, what works/not/budget etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riva

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get advice from anyone with an opinion- either if you've set a stand up yourself, or you have pet peeves/loves and why.

I'm an exhibitor at the London anti-ageing show and also a speaker on both days. As a start up, I'm on a minuscule budget and can only afford a small space. Its the first ever proper exhibition I'll be doing and have been approached by some professional 'dressing' companies. I also asked around a bit at the recent beauty show and don't feel like I know any better.

I'm hoping to have a short book or booklet out by then (good luck with that- haven't started yet!) and thinking of using the cover of the book as a banner or something. There'll only be 2 of us at the stand. Any ideas?

Normally a banner, roller banners, promotional printed material and some instances back drops etc. You'll need to look semi-done up because most people spend a few thousand on their stands.

That's what I've heard too. Simply don't have that kind of budget but have been gleaning ideas here and there.
I'm assuming 'sofa' type set up probably not a good idea as people may stay too long and others may feel reluctant joining in the conversation?
Was thinking of a 'bar stool' set up.
What about drinks and eats?

Latest posts

Back