Advice on Recommendations from a local salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawney

Reaction score
Hi

I have been approched by a local tanning salon to see if I was intrested in getting some recommendations from them and they have suggested they take a negotiated percentage of takings from the recommendations. I have a meeting with them to discuss and just wondered what percentage I should be looking at? I'm new to mobile so i'm really keen on getting my name out there and could potentially get some loyal customers from this but I also don't want to be selling myself short!
Any advice would be a great help.
Thanks
Dawney xx

Instead of giving them a percentage, why don't you suggest a reciprocal arrangement where you recommend their salon to your clients, and they recommend you in return? that way you both gain clients.

I don't think these things work out. I agree that you just suggest you recommend each other and both gain for no outlay.

I take it the recommendations will be for treatments they don't offer so I wouldn't bother. There is nothing to say that these clients wouldn't find you anyway and I agree with one of the other girls, that you could recommend people to them.

As Kim says, these things seldom work out and instead of everyone being happy it ends up with everyone unhappy.

I would politely decline their offer but say that you would be happy to carry their cards if they display yours. :) xx

Thanks for this. Good job I checked otherwise I would of just went straight for it!
I will definatley take all your advice.

Thanks Dawney xx

Latest posts

Back