Advice on retailing...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
I had a new client come to me for a facial. The client was seeking skin advice and wanted a facial with results.

At the end of the treatment the client seemed very pleased with the facial. She was currently using a cocktail of products which were not suitable for her skin type. I was not pushy about retailing. I explained what skin type she had and what type of products would be suitable for her skin. Asked if she wanted to try some samples of Dermalogica. She said yes. She rebooked for another facial.

On her second visit, she tells me she was very happy with the samples I gave her and has bought all the Dermalogica products I recommended.

Where did I go wrong with the retailing technique to lose a sale?

She has booked in for another facial, if a similar situation arises is there something I can say which might get her to buy through me?

she's bought all the things u recommended but from somewhere else?

All you can do is on giving out the samples tell the client that you stock the whole range for them to buy and give them a retail price list and warn them that buying from places like ebay may get them packaging that is the same as your product range but they must be careful to make sure that the contents will be the same.
For this lady, make sure when you see her again that you tell her that when she is running low of her retail products to let you know and you'll be happy to sell her new products. Does your place have a loyalty card? If so stress that buying from you will get her future discounts. If not, well its a good way to grab those clients and keep them:hug:

Maybe you were too nervous of "closing" the sale that you sampled rather than read her body language correctly and went for the full size?
Obviously none of us were there to see what happened, so It's worth analysing the situation to figure iut for yourself if there was something you could have done different.

Hiya

You should never be scared of asking your client if she would like to take a product.most clients expect to buy an after care product. Never assume that someone does not want to buy
I remember going into a shop and asking the price of a watch, and she just said it was expensive!!! I was furious. I felt like pretty woman ha ha x

Anyway, some people might get offended, if you automatically assume, they can't afford something or don't offer them a product to buy. The worst they can say is no thank you.

I would offer her the full size first, if she says no, then say well try a sample sachet and let me know how you get on with it, ect.

Or take the products you have used in the facial off the shelf, let her hold them and say “ these are the products I have used on you today, if you use them at home between treatments, you can maximise the effectivness”. I find that once the product is in their hand they usually buy.

Hth xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back