Advice on Shellac with my attempt at mixing two colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
Hi Guys... I have tried to find the answer to this among the many posts in the Shellac group to see if anyone else has done the same but cannot so hence asking on the main forum.

I appied some new Shellac last night and my colours were base coat, Fedora and Negligee and then a coat of topcoat. I love the colour, its a wonderful purple. :D However, I seem to have got it a little patchy in coverage and some areas are deeper than others. My thumbs are perfect but about half my fingers are looking a bit dodgy.

My question is, is there any way I can apply more fedora now even though I have applied the topcoat and then another coat of negligee without having to remove the whole lot and start afresh?

I know now that I should have done two coats of fedora before the one coat of negligee before applying the topcoat but it was late and I wanted to get them done. :o

I have woke up this morning and decided that I am not going to be happy with them for two weeks looking like this. :sad:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I belive that Yes you can , the inhabition layer is not needed (not gel) it's just a by part of the cure,
as you will be doing more color and more top coat removal might take longer that 10 ,
why not add some glitter insted :)

Hi - Yes you can, I had problems at the begining - applying tooooo thin, which left it patchy and in some cases causes whole bits to rub off, so just went over again with one coat of colour then top coat, and it works fine.

Thanks I will give it a try. I will have to use my old Brisa lamp though now as my new all singing and dancing shellac lamp won't switch on today whaaa!!!!

!!! THATS BAD!!!
are you sure the power lead is fermly pushed in at the back of the unit?

!!! THATS BAD!!!
are you sure the power lead is fermly pushed in at the back of the unit?

I've done nowt but cry most of today... its just sent me over the edge sigh!!

The power lead is firmly pushed in.... I have the three blue LED's lit up to say there is power going to the unit but it just wont switch on by the power switch. I have tried pressing the reset button and pressed all the other buttons... but nowt... nadda.... ziltch!!!! My flabba is absolutely gasted!!

I will ring up the lovely SS tomorrow to see what they can advise me to do.

Right... off to feel sorry for myself again before I start work at 4pm.

:sad:

NIGHT MARE!
errmmm have you made shure the bulbs are all tight inside maybe take the lights out and pop them back in ? ?
im sure they will help you out as soon as poss honey ,
<off to find some bubble wrap/cotten wool for my light>

Latest posts

Back