Advice please-my business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVW

Reaction score
Hi there just thinking about my business and how to take it forward, and looking for a bit of advice / your thoughts. I trained over 20 years ago as a beauty therapist, ITEC qualified Physiatrics and Aestheticienne. I work part time in my home, doing facials, waxing and massage - I don't have a lot of clients, as I work 4 days in an office, so am not currently promoting myself very much.
I love the massage side, making people relaxed and giving a "spa" treatment feel, but don't want to call myself a Massage Therapist, I also do hot stone and Lava Shell massage. I love the facials side of it, for similar reasons, but I don't want to go down the cosmetic side with lash extensions; HD brows; tanning and nails. I suppose my question is what should I call myself, Beauty Therapist? - I am not sure that invokes who I am, but I feel Massage Therapist is not quite me either.....? Any thoughts would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

If you're doing facials, waxing and massage, I would go with beauty therapist.
Are you doing any sort of nails? Brow and lash tinting? We are a salon and don't offer lash extensions etc. You could be a beauty therapist but market yourself more as 'relaxation' type treatments.

Vic x

What about holistic therapist, alternative therapist, relaxation therapist, spa therapist xx

Thanks for your replies x

I think holistic therapist has a professional ring to it especially if you want to offer more massage, hot stones but facials too - maybe a wonderful natural organic brand for your facials?

Latest posts

Back