Advice please self employed hourly rate????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a tricky one. I think your instincts are right that he is pulling a bit of a fast one with the pay and conditions, but I also understand that you want the experience.
If you are to be truly self employed, then you can piont out that you are neither trained or insured for eyelash ext until you go on an accredited course.
As for advice on what you should do, you have read our opinions, but you have to make the choice yourself. x

I really don't like the sound of this guy at all.

He wants you to do courses that you are not trained in and basically blag it. Whether you are self employed or not no therapist should be offering treatments without the correct training and if you are self employed its your head on the chopping block if anything goes wrong, your insurance won't cover you (something else you will have to pay for if s/e)

I really wouldn't want to work for or with this guy just from the details you have given he sounds really shady.

Thanks for the advice, i agree with you that i should go with my gut instinct and not go for this if it was offered. They also wanted me to do Aromatherapy Massage but with pre-blended oils, i'm qualified in massage with pre blend but their treatment menu states custom blended oils, i pointed this out and they said it does'nt matter:eek: would'nt this be against the Trades Description Act? I think i'm best leaving well alone:)
Thanks Bombini & Persianista i hav'nt worked out how to insert your text on my reply lol will work on it:rolleyes:

Your welcome :)

From the sounds of it you are to good for this guy, I think you will find somewhere better :hug:

i was under the impression that to be classed as true self employed you couldnt work set hours or be paid a set wage? This deffo sounds more like a description of employment!!!

And i think the hourly rate is too low and would be more incline to ask for a percentage, say if he is providing all equipment and products i would go 50/50. Then you make more money but if you no work then he doesnt have to pay you and you dont feel obliged to go in if he has a walk in...

Dont go into it on a whim, you will only end up resenting being there....:)

Are you aware that 50% of turnover in a salon is now paid in vat, tax, business rates and other overheads? I would never do 50/50 if I was providing products and equipment, as there is no profit there.

Latest posts

Back