Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams.nails

Reaction score
Hi
ive recently started spray tanning and its taken off so fast i can see in 6 months time i will be struggling to continue to juggle my loyal nail clients and my new and old spray tanning clients, was thinking of taking on someone to spray tan for me but am unsure how much to pay them,
How much do you think i should pay per spray tan, if i provide everything ie solution, equipment , room etc, at the minute my spray tans are on offer at £15 from £20, was thinking £5 per client, she will be able to also cover my 2 week holiday in nov, so spray tans can continue whilst im away, or do you think the whole thing is risky

would really apreciate your thoughts and comments

sam xx

Tricky one. How about you you give all of your clients a £5 off voucher for a spray tan during December (when you get back from your hols)? That way, you hopefully won't lose any clients to your stand in.

There is a BIG risk of the person that you take on, stealing some of your clients and you can't do anything to stop this. However, if you don't get someone to cover, they'll find someone new anyway.

£5 per tan sounds ok if they have the opportunity to do several an hour.

Sounds a bit off track but have you thought about training up a family member or a trusting friend? xxx

shes one of my clients who is an air hostess and gets paid off from her job oct to march, thought as the tans are so busy and will get even busier as more and more clients recommend my spray tans, in 4 weeks ive done over 60 tans and thought it would help me to be able to keep my nail clients happy, and not get so stressed lol,
really torn as what to do.

sam x

Tricky one. How about you you give all of your clients a £5 off voucher for a spray tan during December (when you get back from your hols)? That way, you hopefully won't lose any clients to your stand in.

There is a BIG risk of the person that you take on, stealing some of your clients and you can't do anything to stop this. However, if you don't get someone to cover, they'll find someone new anyway.

£5 per tan sounds ok if they have the opportunity to do several an hour.

Sounds a bit off track but have you thought about training up a family member or a trusting friend? xxx

I am doing this with my sister, she is going to get the spray tan training and help me out when i am busy, i am hoping eventually we will have enough clients between us to keep us both busy all the time. If your working with someone who has your best interests at heart (sister,friend) then you shouldnt need to worry about that person going off and setting up on their own taking your clients with them.

xx

but will you pay your sister by the hour or a set amount per spray tan, hope you dont mind me asking x

Er, at £5 per tan that works out at £75 per week on your average! Think you will fall foul of the minimum wage rules!

Latest posts

Back