Advise me which builder gels, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liene

Reaction score
Hi I am qualified nail technician over 2 years now, I have been trying out different builder gels but I haven't found the one I am completely happy with. Can you advise which is the best builder gel that doesn't lift please?

Anyone please. I want to order up today, need to hear your opinions. ;)

I have been using Gellux led gels. And I don't like them gels as I find them lifting easily after couple of days. So I am very desperate to find better gels.

You really need to train with whatever brand you're trying because applications differ, sometimes significantly.

You really need to train with whatever brand you're trying because applications differ, sometimes significantly.
I honestly have been practising so much and trying so many different ways but it is not strong enough, lifts easily whatever I do :( sometimes I feel like want to give up on nails just because I don't like gellux. I lost quiet few customers because of gellux gels. :(

Did you train with Gellux, if so whoever you trained with (Salon System or someone else) should be able to provide you with help and troubleshooting.
If you want to switch, it might be worth checking your nearby area for training facilities and check what they provide, most of them do a short conversion course just to get you used to their products, and maybe you'll end up spending less money buying all of the sample kits out there. :)

Lots of people use Gellux gels successfully & don't lose clients.

If you are experiencing lifting/breakage it will be down to your prep & structure.

Lots of people use Gellux gels successfully & don't lose clients.

If you are experiencing lifting/breakage it will be down to your prep & structure.
Well then I bought ibd gel and it's completely different story. It stays on perfect. No lifting. Good for sculpting as well as tips and natural overlays.

That is highly illogical.

Ultimately a lot of people use Gellux without issue. Perhaps the thicker viscosity of ibd means you don't encounter the same application issues. Who knows. It's certainly far more plausible than Gellux not working on a fundamental level - it does.

That is highly illogical.

Ultimately a lot of people use Gellux without issue. Perhaps the thicker viscosity of ibd means you don't encounter the same application issues. Who knows. It's certainly far more plausible than Gellux not working on a fundamental level - it does.
Do you use gellux?

Well then I bought ibd gel and it's completely different story. It stays on perfect. No lifting. Good for sculpting as well as tips and natural overlays.
Then you just answered your own question. If you're having success with IBD, use IBD.

Do you use gellux?

Nope. But all you have to do is search the threads to know that lots do without any issue.

People may prefer others, find others easier to work with. But that's very different from the products not performing at all.

With the information you provided - that both their acrylic & gel lines lift/break - I am beyond sceptical that it is a product based issue.

Whenever someone blames a product I immediately think of the saying "a poor workman blames his tools".

Nope. But all you have to do is search the threads to know that lots do without any issue.

People may prefer others, find others easier to work with. But that's very different from the products not performing at all.

With the information you provided - that both their acrylic & gel lines lift/break - I am beyond sceptical that it is a product based issue.

Whenever someone blames a product I immediately think of the saying "a poor workman blames his tools".
But why I don't have any issues with ibd? I don't underdtand...

If your fine with the ibd hard gel then I would stick with that? Why are you wanting to switch or still using gellux if you already know you like ibd? Or is it ibd gel polish you mean? Little confused??

I gave you a relatively decent reason as a guess in post #9.

I don't really understand why you created the thread if you have found a product that works as you require - your posts from 1 hour ago contradict this. But hey ho.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe both the Gellux Acrylic & hard gel lines don't work as you have asserted...

If your getting lifting its probably your prep tbh. I lost clients when I first started not because of the products weren't any good it was my application. Luckily with practice this has improved but it's frustrating to admit that sometimes the problem is with your application xxx

If your getting lifting its probably your prep tbh. I lost clients when I first started not because of the products weren't any good it was my application. Luckily with practice this has improved but it's frustrating to admit that sometimes the problem is with your application xxx
I just thought maybe there are another good products I could try. Wanted to hear more opinions. I am actual pretty confused at the moment. I take my time on nail prep so I thought I do it properly. I always make sure that dead skin is pushed back and removed as this is the biggest reason of lifting.

I gave you a relatively decent reason as a guess in post #9.

I don't really understand why you created the thread if you have found a product that works as you require - your posts from 1 hour ago contradict this. But hey ho.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe both the Gellux Acrylic & hard gel lines don't work as you have asserted...
As I said wanted to hear more opinions.

If your fine with the ibd hard gel then I would stick with that? Why are you wanting to switch or still using gellux if you already know you like ibd? Or is it ibd gel polish you mean? Little confused??
Because gellux products I can buy in capital hair and beauty wholesaler but Ibd I have to order from Internet and sometimes I am concerned if they are genuine products. That's the reason why I posted other thread about where from to order ibd products. Just want best for my customers.

Ah right I see. I use nsi secrets hard gel for swarovski pedicures. I think it goes on nicely but I don't use it for enhancements so can't say how good it is for that. I like the fact it's soaks off and nsi is a really reputable brand. Capital are a approved wholesaler of ibd, but they might only have the gel polish. It's a pain when one place doesn't have everything. You can order nsi online and they have free delivery on atm x

Latest posts

Back