Aesthetic beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
I have always been interested in aesthetic beauty, chemical peels, botox, derma fillers etc but thought you had to be a medical proffesional to train in this type of treatments. I have been researching and have noticed some courses accept nvql3 beauty therapists on the courses as long as they have 3-5 year experience. Has anyone on here ever went into doing botox/fillers after being in only beauty and no medical background? I am 28, a hairdresser but starting my l2 beauty in sept. I am prepared to work very hard and take my time in getting there, i understand its going to take at least 5 years. My partner has a good job so can pay me through courses. Any help or advice?

I have always been interested in aesthetic beauty, chemical peels, botox, derma fillers etc but thought you had to be a medical proffesional to train in this type of treatments. I have been researching and have noticed some courses accept nvql3 beauty therapists on the courses as long as they have 3-5 year experience. Has anyone on here ever went into doing botox/fillers after being in only beauty and no medical background? I am 28, a hairdresser but starting my l2 beauty in sept. I am prepared to work very hard and take my time in getting there, i understand its going to take at least 5 years. My partner has a good job so can pay me through courses. Any help or advice?
Anyone?

There are courses but they're costly for non medics,have a look at visage-aesthetics they offer course for beauty therapy nvr 3. From what I've read you can train to administer fillers but not Botox,hope this helps x

There are courses but they're costly for non medics,have a look at visage-aesthetics they offer course for beauty therapy nvr 3. From what I've read you can train to administer fillers but not Botox,hope this helps x
Thank you!

Have a search through the threads on here. I'm sure I've read that things are changing and you need to be Level 4 to do this.

There are new regulations being set out from November this year with an aesthetic register - jccp- you will need a minimum of level 4 in your chosen treatments too get onto the register and fillers and Botox are allowed with the right training and medical oversight. Fillers are based at level 6 and Botox is level 7 xxx

There are new regulations being set out from November this year with an aesthetic register - jccp- you will need a minimum of level 4 in your chosen treatments too get onto the register and fillers and Botox are allowed with the right training and medical oversight. Fillers are based at level 6 and Botox is level 7 xxx
Thank you. My main interest is fillers. I am prepared to spend a lot of time and money for this. I have read that i will need maths and english qualifications? I have a B in both maths and english GCSE's and I did my L2 keyskills as part of my hairdressing course. But i did them 10 years ago. Is that enough? Im hoping i dont have to do A levels aswel!!

You will need too look into it yourself as there will be various ways at entering the new qualifications and the way I enter won't necessarily be the same as yours. Sorry xxx

HI
I am looking for 2 pop up days so I can do Environ (ultimate) & Caci I have both and of course the products needed I need a venue I am working in a central London hotel so only available for 2 days anyone know of a venue would be grateful

ShivonLilly

HI
I am looking for 2 pop up days so I can do Environ (ultimate) & Caci I have both and of course the products needed I need a venue I am working in a central London hotel so only available for 2 days anyone know of a venue would be grateful

ShivonLilly
Not quite sure what you're asking for. Can you clarify?

Vic x

Hi Vic
Sorry for late response I am working in a hotel and its long hours phew, I am looking to use my machines which are Caci & Environ very current and clients are love them both, however my hotel does not use them, I am looking for 2 days to work and book clients in and need a venue to work from I really only want to use the machines and take a small cut from the salon owner or some such arrangement as they are new machines going to waste whilst not in use, they are new in terms of use but purchased at the end of 2015, I don't have time to market them or use them at home as I rent rooms out to tenants but I love to keep my hand in with the techniques and I am passionate about skin care give me a call for a chat if you would like further info I am off on Monday and on a late on Sunday so starting at 12pm. 07469194741

Shiv

Hi Vic
Sorry for late response I am working in a hotel and its long hours phew, I am looking to use my machines which are Caci & Environ very current and clients are love them both, however my hotel does not use them, I am looking for 2 days to work and book clients in and need a venue to work from I really only want to use the machines and take a small cut from the salon owner or some such arrangement as they are new machines going to waste whilst not in use, they are new in terms of use but purchased at the end of 2015, I don't have time to market them or use them at home as I rent rooms out to tenants but I love to keep my hand in with the techniques and I am passionate about skin care give me a call for a chat if you would like further info I am off on Monday and on a late on Sunday so starting at 12pm. 07469194741

Shiv
Gotcha. My two top machines, Caci and Environ.

Shame you're not near me. Mine are booked out pretty much all day x

Latest posts

Back